Porter wanted to go to the Quarry (a rock climbing place in Provo) for his birthday. Monday nights are half off, so we waited till tonight to go. Laun stayed home with our little ones and I took Clayton, Porter and his friend Daxton. Clayton is the only one who has ever gone there, so it was fun to try out and I’d love to go back.
They have an ABC wall for kids or beginners to climb (attached to a rope).
Clayton
Porter (and me- I was the belay for the boys)
On Porter’s first attempt he was too scared to climb up the whole alphabet wall and I think he only got to letter I. Then on his next turn I bribed him with ice cream from BYU Creamery and with a lot of encouragement from us he did it!
Porter went up the whole alphabet wall! I was so proud of him. Something I really love about Porter is that no matter how nervous he is to do something, he will usually end up doing it.
the climbers
The sweet reward- ice cream at BYU Creamery. And of course we took a container home to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment