Thursday, March 26, 2015

Shriners- cast change

Carter loves the fishes at Shriners.

Cat phone 489

He had a fever this morning, but we went on with the cast change under anesthesia anyways, in case his fever is from an infection. We are hoping there is no infection, otherwise he will have to be cut open again, to get cleaned out. I don’t think I’ve ever wished so hard for a kid to just be sick and not infected.

Poor baby- his eyes were all read, his fever was so high (103) and he couldn’t even stay awake.

Cat phone 496Cat phone 497

We are hoping to bring his fever down with some meds, his shirt off and a cold cloth on his head.

Cat phone 502Cat phone 504

I was trying to stay hopeful when he went back into the OR, but it can be hard. I went on a walk around the beautiful Shriner’s Hospital.

Cat phone 506Cat phone 509

In the hospital they have a huge movie selection, who knows, maybe I’ll get through all of them with all the time we spend here;) I try to walk, do physical therapy and watch a movie to distract myself while Carter is in the OR.

Cat phone 510

The doctor gave me the best news. Carter is just sick, no infection! The pin looked good and hadn’t moved, but it’s been in for a month, so she took it out. He’s out of the green cast and into a black one (the color Laun and the boys wanted) for 3 weeks and then he will get another cast change. This cast is a little different than the green one because it doesn’t go so far up his torso and it’s looser, which I’m so happy about.

Cat phone 513

Heading home- I’m loving the new cast, now if he can just get to feeling better.

Cat phone 517

King Carter

Cat phone 519

We are so happy to be home, especially since we’d have to be in the hospital for awhile if he had an infection, feeling blessed.

Marlee is going to be a great mom. She’s so helpful with Carter. He’s happy to be home with sis who is feeding him.

Cat phone 526Cat phone 529

No comments: