Grandma Lucy came to town, which is especially great since Laun is gone for that conference.
She rocked Carter to sleep this morning.
We went to Salt Lake for the day.
Carter had a cat scan done, which showed his hip was still in the correct position! Amazing news!
We got some treats- ice cram and candy.
And then we headed across the street (which you cross over on this bridge) to see the genetic doctor. Marlee and Porter getting along is a beautiful sight.
I think she was fascinated with our strange genetics and I’m glad I brought Porter, so she could see the “big-older version” of Carter. Carter obviously has the same thing Porter has- Brachydactyly (shortness of the fingers and toes). It’s inherited (my Grandpa Turley, dad, cousins, nephews have it), butCarter’s case isn’t as extreme as Porter’s. The doctor believes they have a certain strand of it and that another trait can be hip dysplasia and pain in the larger joints, so she’ guessing I might have it, but it doesn’t manifest in my digits. She want’s some blood testing to verify the correct strand. Our family is once again interesting to a doctor.
Then we headed to Aunt Julie’s for dinner and finally home. Clayton was home all afternoon by his lonesome, but he did great.
No comments:
Post a Comment