Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I am titanium

Yesterday Laun, Carter and I headed to Tucson for me to get my left hip replaced, while all our older kids stayed in Show Low for school. Clayton is at Jared’s house, Porter at Jennette’s and Marlee at Ryan’s! And while Laun is taking care of me, Andy and Elizabeth will be taking care of Carter while we are in Tucson. It’s a little crazy, but I am overwhelmed with gratitude for all the help, so that I can live a life with less pain and more ability to care for my kids. 

We took a break from driving for a bit and found the cutest bug on our windshield;)

cat phone 1272cat phone 1273

I’m nervous, even though I got my right total hip replacement over 7 years ago, by the same doctor and in the same hospital, at Northwest. I’m also excited after I am healed to not be in pain everyday or wake up during the night in pain. I’ve been limping a lot lately. My right hip is awesome, so hopefully my left one will be, too. The recovery will probably be more painful than my last one, because they have to create a socket in my pelvis, since there really isn't one. So I will have a lot more bone pain. The good news is that they shouldn’t have to lengthen this leg like they did with my right leg. I’m so glad that Laun doesn’t start work until November 3rd and can be here with me in the hospital and help with Carter.

Launs phone 174

I’m all out of surgery and pretty drugged still, the good thing is that I don’t remember a thing. I thought I fell asleep with Laun in my room, before I even entered the OR, but Laun says I was talking as I left the room, so I must have been awake still. The best news of all, I have two titanium hips now and no more arthritis (I still have arthritis in my lower back, but not in my hips). This is the best my hips have ever been in my whole life, well, when I heal that is.

Launs phone 176

I was so happy to have Carter come visit, I miss that baby since I’m never really away from him. He’s still nursing, so I will nurse him a little less the next two days since I am so drugged.

cat phone 1275cat phone 1277cat phone 1279

I’m so thankful that Elizabeth is taking care of my baby, while I am in the hospital.

cat phone 1280

Elizabeth’s kiddos sent me some cute cards.

cat phone 1284cat phone 1283cat phone 1282

I get to wear these lovely white Ted hose and the green straps that prevent me from getting blood clots.

cat phone 1281

Last night when they tried getting me out of bed for physical therapy I couldn’t do it. My levels were all wacko and I almost passed out, but this morning it was time to get to it. I always hate physical therapy after bone surgery, but it’s important to start learning how to re-walk right away.

Launs phone 179

Carter came to visit me again, I think he is just as interested in playing with my IV cord as he is seeing his momma.

Launs phone 180Launs phone 184

No comments: