Yesterday we moved out. We actually moved out after living in the Tucson home for almost 5 years! Laun took the Penske up to Utah with the help of Lucy and Michael and moved all of our stuff into a storage unit near Spanish Fork, Utah. Luckily, I got a hold of a Bishop around the area and he had some men meet up with Laun to unload our stuff. And the kids and I weren’t left alone either, back in Tucson. My friend Camille and her kids came by and helped for hours to load my truck and clean our place.
Marlee took a selfie of her and Hailey (her best friend, Camille’s daughter). These girls will dearly miss each other.
And we got more help, my brother Andy came with his family and they brought dinner, cleaned the rest of our house and Andy strapped everything down in the back of my truck. I couldn’t have gotten all the cleaning and loading done without all the help. I’m so grateful for their service.
It’s strange to see the house all empty.
Especially, the kitchen, where I’ve made so many meals and memories.
It is also really great to see it empty. It means we are moving on. Laun earned his Masters and Doctorate while we’ve lived here and I got my associates. We added baby number 5 just 8 months ago, Carter. We’ve gone through so much in the last 5 years. Now, we have a crazy month or two ahead of us. I’m getting a total left hip replacement at the end of the month, Laun is starting his career as a Nutritionist for IFA in Utah in the beginning of November and Carter will also be having a hip surgery since his left hip is still dislocated. Since Carter and I are having hip surgeries done by doctors here in Arizona, we’ve come up with a crazy plan. I will have my hip replaced and Laun will be here with me and then take me to my moms with Carter to stay for awhile. He will then go up to Utah to work and will live with his Aunt Julie for several weeks until I am up to traveling. I cannot travel to Utah until at least 2 weeks after my hip replacement, in fear of blood clots. And while Carter and I are at my moms and Laun is at his aunt’s, the older kids will live in Show Low and go to school with their cousins. Clayton will stay with Jared and is ecstatic about living with Pearce, Porter will be at Jennette’s and Marlee at Ryan’s home. Lucy will bring my big kids down to Phoenix each weekend to see me and Laun will come each weekend from Utah, so we can all be together as a family. When! I’m tired just typing all of that, I can’t even imagine actually living it. I told my mom that thinking about the next couple months of my life makes me want to cray and she said, ‘'Then don’t think about it.” Hahaha- I love how low stress my mom is. I will do my best to follow that advice, but I hate being away from Laun and my kids.
Anyways, back to the move.
I had to get a picture of the kids with their favorite neighbor, Jacob. The boys played with him as much as they could last night, trying to squeeze in as much time as they could get. Their gonna miss that crazy kid. We’ve had good neighbors, we were blessed.
Most of all we will miss living only 30 minutes away from my brother Andy’s family. We have lived near them several times throughout our marriage. It’s like we are meant to be close:)
Josiah and Marlee
Marlee and Avery
I wish Laun was in this picture with us, but he’s already in Utah.
Here’s goodbye to Tucson and to our rental home, the longest we have ever lived anywhere in our entire almost 14 years of marriage!
Again, I’m so thankful for Andy loading and strapping down all my stuff and for my two cute co-pilots. We are headed to my mom’s house!
Tonight the kids had so much fun, just getting to relax.
I love these three boys, just wish Cooper was here, too.
The kids loved seeing their cousins Tucker and Kenley.
They can’t get over how big Tucker is, he’s bigger than Carter even though he’s three months younger.
I thought Marlee doing Kenley’s hair was pretty much the cutest thing ever!
While we were hanging out at my mom’s house, Laun was in Utah returning the Penske and going out to lunch to one of my favorite restaurants, Tucanos Brazilian Grill.
No comments:
Post a Comment