We finally got a tree topper. Now we can decorate our tree that’s already been up for a couple weeks.
This is the tree Laun chopped down and we love it.
There was a little sparse area near the top, so Laun got some of the extra branches and drilled them in to fill in the gaps.
These two branches are the ones he drilled in:
Let the decorating began…
I’m not sure if that pregnant lady should be leaning over to hang ornaments.
quick hot cocoa break
I love the sight of a lit Christmas tree- it makes my heart happy. I also loved hearing the kids talk about the ornaments as they hung them. Our ornaments aren’t just some generic set (not that there’s anything wrong with that), I get the kids ornaments each year that represent things they’ve done during the year. They get their new ones on Christmas Eve night. When they grow up and leave the house they get to take all their ornaments with them. When they were younger I just got them one a year, but as they’ve gotten older and done more things I’ve become a little obsessive. I think they got around 4 or 5 last year. We all love this tradition.
The best part about the tree is that the majority of the ornaments are in the middle, I guess it’s the easiest spot for the kids to reach.
Some of our favorite ornaments:
I love this stocking holder that Laun made last year. I have matching stockings all cut out, but I still have to embroider our initials and sew them, so we are still using our old ones this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment