Laun and I celebrated 13 years of marriage today. I LOVE THIS MAN. Laun is my home. I graduated from high school at 17 years old and turned 18 that summer. We dated all summer. I left home to attend college at NAU and so did Laun. He packed my belongings in the back of his little white truck and took me to college. He unloaded all of my stuff in my dorm room. We had all of our classes together except for one. He picked me up everyday for classes. We grocery shopped together, cooked together, studied together (I didn’t study much- I pretty much just talked to Laun non-stop), exercised together and basically spent all of our time together. While we were dating I went to Thanksgiving in Show Low with him. We stayed at his sister Jennette’s house and when I fell asleep he snuck in and put an engagement ring on my finger. I woke up Thanksgiving day to a ring on my finger. We got married 6 weeks later on December 30th, after my first semester of college. In a way I feel like I never really left home. He became my new home instantly and has been ever since. I am so thankful for my eternal companion and the blessing he is to me. I love you Laun and always will. Thanks for choosing me.
Today we went out for lunch and Clayton babysat. It’s pretty sweet that we have a kid old enough to babysit now. We went to Old Pueblo Grille and got our usual appetizer, calamari.
Tonight we took the kids to Trader Joe’s and picked out some of our food for New Year’s Eve dinner. Marlee loves the little grocery carts and unloading the food, such a big girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment