Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas 2013

Marlee slept in the boys room last night, since Grandma Lucy was in town. I love seeing all my kiddos in one room.

135

 

The traditional line up- youngest to oldest.

136

Getting excited…

139

Marlee got what she asked Santa for, a bike. The first thing she said is, “where’s the doll basket?” I’m sure Laun will take care of that:)

143

Porter was excited about getting his remote control hex bug and car from Santa.

141

One of my kids favorite parts about Christmas is looking in their stockings.

148

Marlee held up the mango (a traditional item they get in their stockings) and asked if it was real. I don’t know why she would think we’d give her a fake mango, but whatever.

150

Some stocking treasures:

154

Clayton had to look out back to see what Santa brought him.

156

Just what he asked for…a soccer goal.

159

Laun got them an axe and a maul (I didn’t even know what a maul was until I asked Clayton). There going to become good little wood splitters.

157

Raggles got some new dog toys, which she loved.

164165

Figuring out how to make the hex bug work. I didn’t even know what a hex bug was until Porter pointed them out at the store. It’s pretty cool actually and reminds me of a robot spider walking around.

168170

Marlee didn’t waste anytime getting her grow creature in water.

171

Then we had our traditional sour cream coffee cake for breakfast.

173175176

Time to unwrap presents…

Marlee gave Laun and I this cute little angel she made in preschool using her foot and hands.

187188

We sure love our little girl.

190

This year I started a new tradition which I think will be fun and make my shopping job much easier. The kids will get 3 different gifts from Laun and I: Something to play with, Something to read and Something to wear.

Here’s their something to play with…

177

The boys got a pogo stick and a basketball.

179186

Marlee got these four sister Barbie’s that come with a camping set.

183

Something to read…

193192194

Something to wear…

Which Porter apparently really liked, considering he immediately took off his shirt and put his new one on.

196

Sibling gifts- they each get gifts for their siblings.

Marlee’s gifts from her brothers:

200

I love her smile in this picture.

201

Porter got her a jumbo coloring pad and twistable crayons and colored pencils.

202

Clayton got her an alphabet puzzle. Hopefully, this will distract her while we are working on the 1000 piece puzzle;)

205

Porter’s gifts:

Marlee got Porter hot wheels.

207

Clayton got Porter the bop it game, he’s wanted it for awhile now and I’m sure we will all enjoy how noisy this game is…not.

209

Clayton’s gifts:

Marlee got him a sling shot with marshmallows to shoot.

212

Porter got him the movie Holes. He read the book recently and had been wanting the movie. I’m sure we will be watching it today as we start the puzzle.

214

Laun’s family swaps families each year to give gifts to. This year Jonathan and Darleen had us and spoiled us rotten. They gave Laun and I an electric toothbrush.

Darleen stitched each of the kids names and things they like on pillow cases.

215

She’s so talented and the picture does not do justice to the detailed work.

218

They gave Marlee coloring stuff, which is perfect because that girl could color all day.

219

They also got the kids colored bubbles, ice cream mixes and a movie.

220

They even got the baby a gift- these net/snack things are awesome.

221

And they got us this cool game Suspend, that the boys have been wanting ever since they played it at their house.

222

The Turley’s now swap gifts between cousins instead of families. I like this change. Clayton got a remote control airplane from Ben, Porter got a glow in the dark football from Avery and Marlee got a craft and a skirt from Collin, which he sewed!

 

Gifts from Turley grandparents (they gave us some holiday cash, which was awesome and super helpful with all the Christmas spending).

The boys got sport balls.

225

And Marlee got a princess sticker book.

227

 

Gifts from the Frost Grandparents. Holiday money from Jeff.

And Lucy got us a family book and lots of fun canned items and treats to make.

237240

She gave the boys each $100 to put in their missionary savings.

234

She made Marlee this adorable hat.

230

She also got her an outfit and one that matches for her doll to wear.

238

Marlee loved it and changed right away.

242

Marlee drew this cute picture:

243

Clayton put Raggles sweater on and I’m thinking she has out grown it.

245

Marlee has enjoyed playing with her Barbie tent set. I love Christmas because the kids are all so excited and entertained by their new things.

247

Breaking in the sticker book.

CAt iphone pics 080

Marlee’s so excited for her big girl bike. I backed over her last bike a long time ago with the Tahoe.

253

Let the wood splitting began…

256

Clayton seems to have the hang of it.

259

The boys had fun using the soccer goal.

CAt iphone pics 074

Porter liked these bubbles that don’t pop easily. You can catch and hold them.

281

We played the suspend game and Jonathan and Darleen even got Hall engraved on it, very cool.

263CAt iphone pics 081

I’m sure Marlee will have her piñata/stocking treats eaten in no time.

269

We put together the gingerbread house. Porter asked and asked for a gingerbread house.

271

My baby bump is growing:)

273

Marlee adding some candy.

275

Our neighbors the Peterson’s bring us molasses cookies every Christmas.

248

 

Then we went on a drive. Marlee didn’t want to leave her new things, so she took some stuff along.

She colored and ate way too much sugar.

CAt iphone pics 084

They got these soccer suckers and big candy canes in their stockings.

CAt iphone pics 086CAt iphone pics 090

Raggles loves a good drive.

CAt iphone pics 088

Marlee does her best to keep up with the boys.

282284285288

She finally decided to walk Raggles instead. These two are so cute together.

290292296

Even though this area is so barren, I think it looks kind of cool.

307311312

The kids love riding in the bed of the truck.

313

Laun drove the truck through this wash. It was deep, but we made it. I think he makes his mom nervous:)

316315318

Of course Raggles had to get wet and I think it is clear that the sweater is too small.

320

When we got back we had smoked turkey (Bob, Laun’s boss, gives us a turkey every year), sweet potatoes and Martinelli’s. Then Lucy had to head home, so she could work tomorrow.

CAt iphone pics 091CAt iphone pics 098

The gingerbread house, before Marlee and Porter went to town eating it.

326331

Then we just relaxed and started on puzzles. We had a great Christmas and are looking forward to this new year!

CAt iphone pics 103

No comments: