Wednesday, December 26, 2012

the perfect day

We went to Saguaro National Park East for the first time today. Saguaro National Park West has more saguaros and is prettier than the east park, but we still really liked it & found some cool hiking/rock areas.

saguaro park-hike 001

saguaro park-hike 005saguaro park-hike 007saguaro park-hike 008saguaro park-hike 013

Marlee does her best to keep up with “her boys” (that is what she calls her brothers).

saguaro park-hike 017saguaro park-hike 018saguaro park-hike 021saguaro park-hike 023saguaro park-hike 025

My view of the truck while climbing.

saguaro park-hike 027saguaro park-hike 030

Marlee waiting to join her boys. Laun looked for an easier way for us ladies to get up.

saguaro park-hike 032saguaro park-hike 033

Porter & Marlee waving at each other.

saguaro park-hike 036saguaro park-hike 039saguaro park-hike 034saguaro park-hike 043

Clayton is king of the mountain.

saguaro park-hike 046saguaro park-hike 048

Porter reminds me of Spiderman when he climbs.

saguaro park-hike 052

I’m surrounded by cute kids.

saguaro park-hike 057

I spy Clayton & Porter…

saguaro park-hike 062

saguaro park-hike 064

We set our camera on a rock & Laun ran in for a family picture- there’s no way I would’ve run fast enough to make it in a single picture.

saguaro park-hike 065saguaro park-hike 074

My little hiking buddy, until she caught up with her dad again:)

saguaro park-hike 075saguaro park-hike 076saguaro park-hike 080saguaro park-hike 081

saguaro park-hike 083

Loved all the great views.

saguaro park-hike 082saguaro park-hike 088

I spy Porter & Clayton again…climbing up another rock.

saguaro park-hike 085saguaro park-hike 090

saguaro park-hike 094saguaro park-hike 099

saguaro park-hike 098

Porter seems to stick his tongue out when he is concentrating, which is often.

saguaro park-hike 106

I love their facial expressions. Porter was scared and excited all at once while jumping to Laun off the rock. Clayton has on his tough macho face.

saguaro park-hike 109saguaro park-hike 110

saguaro park-hike 111saguaro park-hike 117

saguaro park-hike 115

I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure Clayton just likes to climb to the top of any mountain he can find.

saguaro park-hike 119

Porter continued to climb like Spiderman, how does this not hurt? 

saguaro park-hike 121

saguaro park-hike 122

Daddy’s girl, cutest girl ever, princess- Marlee will answer to any of those names.

saguaro park-hike 123saguaro park-hike 124

saguaro park-hike 126saguaro park-hike 132saguaro park-hike 153

I need to teach Clayton how to zoom in with our camera…heaven knows there’s already enough pictures of Marlee, she doesn’t need to be in this one,too!

saguaro park-hike 135

Porter is kissing his muscles.

saguaro park-hike 130

Marlee, Laun & I

saguaro park-hike 141

There’s more than one way to get a family picture.

saguaro park-hike 144

Saguaro

saguaro park-hike 145saguaro park-hike 147saguaro park-hike 148

saguaro park-hike 156saguaro park-hike 157saguaro park-hike 168saguaro park-hike 170

Marlee had Sleeping Beauty & Prince Phillip to keep her company on the drive.

saguaro park-hike 171

I love the desert view.

saguaro park-hike 175

 

Laun made stir fry in the wok for dinner with some of our garden veggies- so good.

saguaro park-hike 186saguaro park-hike 187

We had to try out our new chopsticks straight from China.

saguaro park-hike 190

Except for Marlee…I’m sure the pink giraffe influenced her choice.

saguaro park-hike 192saguaro park-hike 193

 

Tonight the boys had lots of fun with the remote control car & helicopters. I think they are for Laun as much as they are for the boys.

saguaro park-hike 202saguaro park-hike 212saguaro park-hike 217

Our neighbor Jacob got a helicopter, too. They had so much fun flying them until we had to call it a night since the wind swept them both over the roof. Luckily, both helicopters were found & still work.

saguaro park-hike 223

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I love your pictures! You are always taking awesome pics.