Monday, December 10, 2012

Santa’s helper…aka Scrooge

I took the kids to the mall to see Santa & the Santa helper ladies wouldn’t let me take a photo with my camera. If I wanted a picture of them on Santa’s lap then I had to let them take it & buy it. I was bummed since last year you could stand in a certain area & take a picture with your own camera. Oh well, so I just had them tell Santa what they wanted. Marlee wanted Barbie makeup, Porter a remote control car & Clayton a remote control helicopter. When we got outside the Santa area I took a picture of the kids on a nearby bench, since we couldn’t take any pictures of them on Santa’s lap.

365

The lady saw what I was doing & as I went to snap another picture she stood in front of Santa so that he was not in the picture. It kind of bugged me & humored me all at the same time. I think the lady was being a bit of a Scrooge & not really showing great Christmas Spirit. I understand that she wants to make a buck, but I think it is fine & completely honest for me to take a picture still when we were technically out of the Santa area. Maybe I’m just a cheap wad. Either way, Marlee is a Santa believer, so I was glad she got to see Santa, even though she refused to sit on his lap & took a seat on the chair instead:)

366

1 comment:

Alli said...

Wow! That Santa lady is sure interesting! I wouldn't have paid for the pics either ;)

Love the tree tradition! You guys are so smart!