Thursday, December 27, 2012

Saguaro National Park- West

Today was another perfect day. We went on a drive & hike through Saguaro National Park West. At first it was overcast, eventually it sprinkled & then it cleared up- beautiful day.

saguro day 2 hike 006saguro day 2 hike 009

saguro day 2 hike 026

saguro day 2 hike 030saguro day 2 hike 045

saguro day 2 hike 049saguro day 2 hike 055saguro day 2 hike 058

I love how you can see the falling rain in this picture:

saguro day 2 hike 061saguro day 2 hike 063saguro day 2 hike 069saguro day 2 hike 072

 

saguro day 2 hike 081saguro day 2 hike 082saguro day 2 hike 083saguro day 2 hike 084

The kids are becoming quite the hikers.

saguro day 2 hike 088saguro day 2 hike 089

family pictures

saguro day 2 hike 102saguro day 2 hike 105

girl power

saguro day 2 hike 113

saguro day 2 hike 114saguro day 2 hike 123saguro day 2 hike 127saguro day 2 hike 129saguro day 2 hike 132saguro day 2 hike 135saguro day 2 hike 137

 

Porter reminds me of Spiderman  the way he climbs.

saguro day 2 hike 139saguro day 2 hike 140saguro day 2 hike 141saguro day 2 hike 142saguro day 2 hike 143saguro day 2 hike 146

saguro day 2 hike 147

Sweet Marlee. Why does Porter have a whole in the back of his Levi’s again..hmmm?

saguro day 2 hike 149saguro day 2 hike 152saguro day 2 hike 157

The first pose was Porter’s idea- I guess it’s his cool pose. Then I had to get one of his sweet smile.

saguro day 2 hike 166saguro day 2 hike 167

Awww…I love when these two get along. They either play great together or Marlee bugs the heck out of Porter & he screams at her. She is just such a tease.

saguro day 2 hike 170saguro day 2 hike 172

I love the lighting when the sun starts going down.

saguro day 2 hike 179saguro day 2 hike 183

Marlee does a pretty good job hiking & when she gets tired she has her daddy to carry her.

saguro day 2 hike 178

Such a beautiful day!

saguro day 2 hike 182

I didn’t get a lot of pictures of Clayton today, since he went with Laun back up the trial to look for my missing camera part. They didn’t find it, but at least it was only the eyecup that fell off the viewfinder eyepiece…not essential, just for comfort.

saguro day 2 hike 189

I can’t believe how tall Clayton is getting…he’s only 10 1/2 & is already wearing size 14!

saguro day 2 hike 191

saguro day 2 hike 194

saguro day 2 hike 195

I love this girl’s smile & that she insisted on doing an “I’m a Little Teapot pose”.

saguro day 2 hike 200saguro day 2 hike 202saguro day 2 hike 204saguro day 2 hike 206

On the road again…

saguro day 2 hike 208

Arizona has some beautiful sunsets.

saguro day 2 hike 210saguro day 2 hike 215

Laun surprised the kids on the way home by going down the rollercoaster road- they love it.

saguro day 2 hike 222

I loved watching the moon on the way home tonight.

saguro day 2 hike 224

Our sweet neighbor Suzan brought us a flourless chocolate cake tonight, topped with chopped nuts & raspberry's. It was so good & rich.

saguro day 2 hike 225

1 comment:

clever little casa said...

so many amazing pictures. that desert is so very beautiful. The lighting amazing, the kids cute, love seeing all your adventures!