We have lived in Tucson for awhile now & have just never made it to the Winterhaven Festival of Lights. The neighborhood of Winterhaven decorate their homes with lights. Luckily, my friend Jen Pershing lives there, so I got to park in her driveway & walk through the streets. Jonathan & Darleen came with us, which is especially nice since Laun is out of town.
This house was cool, the crazy face of lights sings to different songs.
This house set up a photo booth in their front yard.
Those who don’t wish to walk can take a horse drawn wagon or trolley ride. It is cool seeing horse trot through the neighborhood.
I liked this house- it had a wishing tree where you write your wish on a piece of paper & then add it to the other wishes linked together on the tree. I think I might want to start a tradition similar to this.
There was all sorts of lights…even flying pigs & zoo animals.
This home was animal themed & the lights changed to the song: I like to move it, move it- from the Madagascar movie.
Don’t worry, when you use the porta potty there are soldiers keeping guard.
The true meaning of Christmas.
Another photo booth house- loved the backdrops & props.
Who’s eating Santa’s cookies?
My favorite house all night only had lights hanging from their roof & a sign that said ditto pointing to the neighbors very decorated home. It cracked me up.
After our nice stroll we went to Jen’s home for some hot cocoa. We had a good time visiting & the kids didn’t want to go home. They have kids similar in ages to ours & lots of fun toys. I am just glad we are keeping busy with Laun gone. I am even happier that Laun skyped me tonight around midnight, it was so good to see his face & hear his voice.
No comments:
Post a Comment