Lucy came to town from Friday to Monday. The kids were so excited when she walked in the door & it was non-stop chatter for a bit. Lucy was making a scarf & Marlee was pretty certain she knew how to help her. Marlee also decided that Grandma needed some more jewelry, so she let Lucy borrow hers.
Lucy brought Marlee this pink girly outfit & Marlee loved it.
Marlee loved it so much that she wouldn’t take it off, so she slept in it:)
Saturday was pretty packed. The boys had soccer games & picture day in the morning.
Clayton’s game was first-
Marlee uses their game time as social hour & always finds some kids to play with.
Clayton used to love playing full back the most, but now his favorite position is center mid-fielder (I don’t even know what that means- ha ha!).
Porter’s game-
Porter’s first goal of the game:
Porter was so hot, so Laun poured water all over his head.
Porter’s second goal of the game- he was pretty excited!
Marlee adores her Grandma Lucy.
After soccer we headed home & then the kids & I went over to the church to practice for the Primary Program tomorrow! After practice we headed to the Tucson Stake BBQ at the church ball field. There was yummy food, but all the kids ate was cotton candy.
The kids are so lucky to have Darleen & Jonathan living near by.
Porter & Marlee fished for prizes & played some games. Clayton thought the games were too little kiddish:)
Porter & Clayton joined right in with the men for some tackle football. The guys were so nice to let the boys play. I love that my boys are so willing to jump in & play sports. They had such a great time.
Meanwhile, Marlee wanted to jump in the bad guy bouncer. I let her know that was a super hero names Superman & it wasn’t a bad guy. The difference between girls & boys…apparently girls don’t know their super heroes.
That evening we had ice cream, watched the movie Madagascar 3 & laid on our trampoline to watch the meteor shower. We saw some shooting stars.
Sunday-
My parents came in town to see the Primary Program. Lucy, my parents, Jonathan & Darleen were all there to watch the boys. This used to be the best sacrament program of the year, but since I am the Primary President it is a little nerve wracking, more than fun. Although, I did love watching the program I wrote come together so well. The primary kids all did great. Porter did laugh during his first part, which surprised me. When he sat down I let him know that he had better of gotten all of his laughter out because he had 3 more parts coming up. The boys both did awesome & I was proud. To celebrate we let all the primary kids watch a movie & eat popcorn, instead of our normal singing/sharing time. I am so relieved it went well & it is over! After church we had dinner& then my parents went home.
Monday-
Lucy left this morning, it was so nice having her in town. We had a great weekend.
1 comment:
So wish we could have been there! Sounds like a very fun weekend. All I would have eaten is cotton candy too.
Post a Comment