Thursday, October 25, 2012

preschool- animal theme

This was the last week that I was in charge of doing preschool for the semester. The theme I picked was animals, so this week we made bird feeders out of toilet paper rolls, peanut butter & bird seed.

201205

 

Then we put Marlee’s bird feeder in the front tree. The other kids are taking theirs home.

207211

 

To say my boys have been such a big help with preschool would be an understatement. I was a little nervous to teach preschool with my boys being home with this online school, but it has been awesome. The preschool kids love them & they helped the kids so much with craft time, play time, reading time, etc.

213

 

We also decorated animal shaped sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting & sprinkles.

223218

 

I borrowed the animal cookie cutters from a friend…I think I need to buy a set of my own, so fun!

225

 

Then we went to the zoo for our fieldtrip. It was all decorated for Halloween, I thought these suckers made from pool noodles were clever.

001

 

I love the colors & stripes.

006009

012014

 

The rhino actually walked…usually it just lays a round.

020

 

Haley & Marlee are the only girls in the bunch & they like to stick together.

022024

 

The baby giraffe eating.

026

 

I was excited that the elephants came up close. It is fascinating watching them use their trunks.

031034

039041042046

 

The baby elephant was so cute trotting around.

050

 

It totally looks like it is smiling.

054056

 

Strollin’ around. When is Marlee going to quit sucking her thumb?

058059

 

I love the baby armadillo- so cute.

061

 

The kids liked petting the snakes.

065066

072

 

Just kickin’ it

075

 

it is so weird how baby flamingos are grey instead of pink.

078

 

Porter caught a pigeon. It was sitting on a fence & while it was flying away Porter caught in…unreal I tell you.

082

 

These lions laid around watching their babies, that aren’t really baby looking anymore.

083

 

This otter is yawning or yelling about something.

088

 

I love watching otters swim.

092095

 

We had some snacks. Wish I would have gotten a picture of all the preschool kids together.

096

 

Sun Bear

098

 

Clayton- king of the anthill

102

 

I think the Jaguars are probably the prettiest animals at the zoo.

109

 

Monkeying around

113

 

We thought the Baird’s Tapir’s looked like R.O.U.S. (Rodents of Unusual Size) from the movie Princess Bride.

118119

 

Spencer & Marlee checking out the Cayman crocodiles.

121

 

The boys brought some money for the gift shop & they picked out a sucker snake.

122123

Marlee has loved having the preschool kids at our house, but she will also be happy to go to Haley’s house next week.

No comments: