Wednesday, September 19, 2012

kitchen helpers

Today there was lots of cooking in the kitchen. I hope that my kids leave the house not only knowing how to cook, but loving it. Clayton helped me make some chocolate chip scones for lunch, which really ended up being Linner (around 3pm instead). He put in both pans of scones at once, so the bottom pan came out with burnt bottoms. I let him know that is wasn’t a big deal & that now he knows that you only want one sheet in at a time. He is a great helper in the kitchen.

002001

 

Porter loved the scones so much that he asked if I could make them everyday…I don’t think so.

I have way too many other recipes off Pinterest that I still need to try.

010014

 

For dinner, Marlee helped me make homemade flour tortillas.

016

018

 

covered in flour-

486

 

Then we cooked some like normal tortillas & fried some others, along with corn tortillas.

Laun grilled chicken & we had beans, guacamole & salsa to go on top, so good.

024

 

It was delicious- 

022028

 

Marlee loves sour cream.

031