Sunday, February 27, 2011

"You get a line, I'll get a pole-We'll go fishin in the crawfish hole"

The Allens brought over some crawdads for dinner and we invited Hoa to join us. I made chicken, french fries, and corn-for those who don't like crawdads. Rachel and I were willing to try them, they have a very mild taste. But either of us aren't huge fans of eating food that still has its eyeballs attached. I think we need to have the Allens over for dinner every Sunday because it makes us clean our house:)

Clayton liked pretending that the crawdad claw pinched his fingers:


Notice the curtains^ We went to IKEA yesterday and got some for the kitchen and the living room. It helps it feel more like a home than a rental. Plus we can take them with us when we move. I would paint that ugly wooden panel behind the table, but I don't want to pour time and money into our rental, when I can't take that with me-I'm a lazy cheap skate.

On a side note, it snowed in Tucson this morning and hailed. And I didn't get any pictures to show for it.

4 comments:

Norris Family said...

So many happenings. 1)I agree on the crawdads. They are so tiny anyway what is the point. 2)Clayton is one buff man. 3)Did not know Andy moved back, what is he doing? Where are they living? 4)That food looked yummy. I will have to get that prickly pear recipe from ya when we move back to AZ so we can make some so I can make that meal specifically. 5)You look so cute in the pine derby pic with Clayton. 6)Get Marlee a doll with hair. 7)We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

You are better than I for trying those nasty things. I don't know if you saw my post on eating crawdads but I stand by my saying "anything that smells like that should NOT be eaten".

Cherise said...

cute curtains. I love IKEA! How were the craw dads? Our first time eating them was a huge success. They second time... DISGUSTING. AWFUL. GROSS. It ruined me.

Hall of Halls said...

Cherise-the crawdads had a very mild taste, but I still didn't think they were great. The boys liked them though.