Wednesday, February 9, 2011

butter...

Last night we made butter in our Bosch. After the cream mixes for awhile, you have to drain of the excess whey. Then it looks kind of clumpy:


Then we wrapped the butter in cheese cloth and squeezed out the rest of the whey:


Then it looks smoother like this:


This morning we had it on our bagels and it was delicious.
Maybe next we will try to make cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, or ice cream-yum!

4 comments:

clever little casa said...

that looks tasty.You guys are so resourceful!

Manders said...

How fun!

Norris Family said...

That does look tasty. How fun to make so many things from scratch. It is inspiration to be more resourceful in AZ. We are most likely moving back this summer and the thought of it makes part of me want to cry. I want to have a big garden, fruit trees and can and I just dont see that in AZ. Maybe I am just being a stinker.

Krause Crew said...

I love butter, especially on homemade bread. Total comfort food.