Thursday, December 30, 2010

TEN years today

Today is our 10th wedding anniversary! To celebrate, we went on a little get away for 3 days, kid free (my parents watched our kids). We went to Las Vegas for a night and then to St. George, UT for another night. It was so nice to travel without listening to our kids fight, or ask how much longer, or are we there yet, or Marlee screaming. It was great to talk with one another without any interruptions or having to stop for potty breaks. We decided to go to Vegas for one night and stay at the CIRCUS CIRCUS hotel, because we went there for part of our honeymoon-still can't believe that was 10 years ago! The first night we walked down part of the Las Vegas Strip- there are tons of cool hotels, stores, restaurants, etc. I didn't take any pictures during our long walk, just a couple photos of the hotel we stayed in.
The hotel is huge. It has arcades, restaurants, shops, rides, and of course a casino- since it is Vegas we are talking about.

Then we went to a buffet for dinner, I love that the dessert and drinks are included.

This was a sweet taffy maker/machine in the hotel. Our cotton candy machine has nothing on this baby.

The next day we went to a breakfast buffet, which wasn't that great. Maybe my body was already sick of buffet food, that fast. Then we went to the Las Vegas, Nevada Temple, for an endowment session. We had never been inside this temple before, but it is probably the prettiest temple that I have ever been in before, breath taking really. The outside was cool, but the inside was just amazing. After we walked around and got some photos.








We had someone take this photo of us outside of the temple, and this boy really wanted to be in the photo with us. And by the way, I did brush my hair that day, it was just windy outside.


Then we drove to St. George and went to another endowment session today. Since we've gone to a temple three times this month, can that count towards some of the other months that we slacked off in going this semester? I sure hope so.
It was a cold night, and I was dressed like we live in Tucson or something. This temple is gorgeous on the outside, and the inside it is very historic, and looks much older than the Vegas temple. It was cool to see how different these two temples were from each other. I actually had been to this temple ground as a child, but I had never gone inside before.

This is us outside of the temple. Going to these temples, really makes me want to go to more temples that we have never been to before. It was so great to go together, just like we went to the temple ten years ago, to be sealed for time and all eternity.



Then we checked into a hotel in St. George, and I was very happy to see a Cafe Rio across the street. Their sweet pork salad is delicious.


The next morning we headed out and drove with lots and lots of pretty snow to look at.


I fell asleep on the drive (as a passenger, not the driver) and Laun woke me up to get some pictures of this bird. It is a California Condor, and Clayton has really been wanting to see one. You might not be able to tell from the pictures, but their wing span is huge.


It was a beautiful drive back, a winter wonderland. On the way home we stopped by a gift shop and got the boys toy bow and arrows, Marlee little, silver star earrings, and my parents a gift certificate to Olive Garden (I'm sure they appreciated having a quiet house again, more than the Italian food:) We got chicken alfredo and salad as take out; let me just say that pasta and salad is not the easiest meal to feed someone as they drive. I'm sure Laun prefers feeding himself. It was such an awesome trip to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary. I love Laun more than he could ever know and appreciate all that he does for our family. I am blessed to have him and I'm happy that he chose me for time and all eternity. We are thankful to my parents who kindly watched our children and made it possible for us to go on this trip.
Happy 10th wedding anniversary Laun, I love you always!

3 comments:

Bekah said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary! How nice that you were able to enjoy some time together!

I totally want to go to the Las Vegas Temple now after your description of it. I guess we'll have to save it for the next time we're on the West coast.

Krause Crew said...

Congratulations! I love going to different temples. They are all beautiful in different ways, but the spirit is always the same. I'm not sure what we'll do to celebrate our 10 years in May, but anytime away from the kids would be nice. :) I'm glad you had a great time together.

Rachel Starchman said...

This is a great idea for our 6th anniversary that is coming up in March. We have been debating doing something kid-less because I'm not pregnant and we don't have a tiny baby like all our other anniversaries. You guys are a awesome example of a strong, faithful married couple who loves each other unconditionally. You guys have been through alot and I've never seen you fight. You guys are awesome. Congrats.