"If you know someone who has lost a child, and you're afraid to mention them because you think you might make them sad by reminding them that they died--you're not reminding them. They didn't forget they died. What you're reminding them of is that you remembered that they lived, and that is a great gift."~Elizabeth Edwards"
My dear friend Rachel Starchman sent me this quote and I love it. I have a special bond with Rachel because she is one of the few people that ever saw my sweet Cooper alive. Rachel was an angel to our family during that time. She came and brought food and cleaned for us and was a great support to me. And to this day she will often bring up my Cooper in conversation and I thank her for that. I think everyone (including those who have lost close loved ones) struggles with what to say to someone who has lost a loved one. But I appreciate those who do remember our Cooper. I was just thinking about him today and how my life has forever changed because of him. I love you Cooper.
3 comments:
That is a really good quote. I have always admired you and your openess to talk about Cooper and what you and Laun have gone through. Losing a child or spouse would be the ultimate trial for me. I truly admire your strength.
I agree with Kim. You, Laun, and the boys have taught me so much. I LOVE that you celebrate his life while teaching others. I adore you! -I can't wait to meet this amazing and perfect little boy!
Love you too Catherine. You guys are so special to us.
Post a Comment