
The line up {the kids stand in order from youngest to oldest as they walk out to Christmas}

Santa still found us even though we were at Grandma Turley's house for Christmas. He filled the stockings & brought the children a cotton candy machine-yum!

Some of the stocking regulars were mango's, crackers with easy cheese, new toothbrushes & tooth paste.

There was lots of family at my mom & dad's house this year on Christmas morning- Our family, along with Laura & Andy's families were all there. And later Rachel & Ted's families joined us. It was one full house!

The boys got sweet pocket knives from Santa & Laun showed them how they worked.

My mom with Andy & Elizabeth's baby boy Monson- he is precious.

We had the traditional coffee cake for breakfast which my mom made.


Lots of content tummy's around mom's kitchen table.

Dad's piano playing put Monson right to sleep.

One of the stocking contents, balloons.

The boys big gift from Laun & I this year was a gun for them to share.

My parents got both the boys different sequence games. Which I'm excited about because we can play the games with them. Clayton got states & capitals & Porter got a math version.

Marlee got a little people castle & a pink mini van {both were hand me downs from our friends the Allen family-Thank you guys!}. I got her a couple other gifts from thrift stores too, so it was a ridiculously awesome cheap Christmas this year.

Porter was especially excited about getting the Lego-Indiana Jones wii game.

Marlee shoving her bunny ornament in her new mini van. We get each child a ornament each year but, I forgot to take a picture of them. Marlee got the bunny since we had lots of bunnies at our house this year. And Clayton got a hiking backpack & Porter a sleeping bag- both ornaments were camping ones since we took a camp-out this year. Laun & I got a tent & hiking boot.

The boys excitedly opening their new gun. This gift should provide great memories for years to come.

Marlee enjoying her new book from her Turley grandparents.

I think all the excitement wore out Marlee- I found her laying down with a doll.

I love this Lydia baby. Rachel & Brandon sure make one cute little girl.


Laun busted out the cotton candy machine & made lots of kids happy. It even takes hard candy & turns it into cotton candy, big hit.
My parents got rockets for everyone to make & shoot off. Last night & even this morning everyone finished their rockets & then we went out this afternoon & shot them all off. Some kids did more work than others on their rockets but, a lot of the dad's did the majority of the work.


The menfolk & the kids with their awesome rockets, before blast off.

Our rocket was red, green & white so we called it Christmas Express.


Grandpa setting up Porter's rocket.


It got some pretty good air.

The kids had fun retrieving the rockets. Here is Clayton with our rocket.

Clayton's cousin Ben sent him Flat Stanley (paper boy) to take on an adventure. We taped him to the rocket for a fun ride.

Even Marlee got a turn to shoot off the rocket.

Laun setting up Brandon's rocket, his flew the highest. There was a big variety of rockets & it was fun to watch them all shoot off.
Another activity of the day was cutting down two of Dad's citrus trees. They weren't producing well anymore, so with the help of a chain saw & many men, they were cut , pulled out & hauled away pretty fast.


My dad using a power tool- this is a small miracle in itself. He is a very safety conscious person.

Andy & Justin working away.

As you can tell from the picture, Laun is a very safety conscious person too, wearing his flip flops & shorts, while using his power tool;)

Avery & our boys watching a movie.

We all happened to be in red & blue for our family picture. I can't believe how tall Clayton is getting! Merry Christmas!
3 comments:
I want a cotton candy machine! I wonder where Santa got that?? Looks like an awesome way to spend Christmas : ) I want to be a Turley... or a Hall lol
Your family picture looks more like the 4th of July than Christmas. lol
Those rockets are awesome! What a great idea. And a cotton candy machine? Super cool!
Post a Comment