Friday, April 20, 2007

moving on...

Today I had a doctor appointment at UMC. It was strange to be back there, and even stranger to check how I was healing after having a baby, even though our baby is gone. Dr. Coppola cried and I comforted her-I told her that God must really need Cooper. I stopped by the NICU to see my favorite nurse Chris, she requested to care for Cooper every shift she had. She was there when Cooper left this world. We talked and we cried. She told me that she learns something from every family that has a baby in NICU. From us she learned that we loved Cooper so much and we fought for his life, but we loved him enough to let him go. That really meant a lot to me. It was hard to be back at the NICU, it hurt to see Cooper's name off the board. It is really reality, he's gone from this life forever.
Cooper was born here and lived his whole earthly life here^



At home we have been packing up to move. It is hard to pack up when you are filled with grief. Sometimes I wish that time would fast forward and that we were out already. I feel bad because I can't help much, since I am healing from a c-section. Poor Laun has been stuck with doing almost everything by himself.

Porter is practicing writing his name. Laun wrote Porter and then all of the letters underneath it Port wrote:

I love how Clayton writes his name-he practiced writing his name a lot in preschool:

No comments: