Monday, March 21, 2016

we miss you Cooper

Cooper would’ve turned 9 years old today! Man I miss him. I often wonder what he would look like and act like.

Lucy text me this picture of his headstone today.

IMG_0841 (1)

We have some traditions for Cooper’s birthday. We send off balloons for him for however many years he would have turned, so it was 9 this year (I get a back up balloon in case 1 pops and it’s a good thing because 1 did).

The send off…Happy 9th birthday Cooper!

IMG_4891IMG_4895IMG_0858 (1)IMG_4897 (1)IMG_4898 (1)IMG_4899IMG_0845 (1)

We watch the balloons as they float up to heaven. I love how Laun is blowing Cooper a kiss.

IMG_4902 (1)

Another tradition we do is drinking flavored milks. When Laun would bring Clayton and Porter to the hospital (while I was on bed rest & for the 2 weeks Cooper was there, almost 3 weeks total), he would let them get flavored milks. I love how Carter is still looking in the sky for balloons.

IMG_4904 (1)IMG_4913 (1)

We love you Cooper- cheer’s to you!

IMG_0847 (1)

Then we always do something fun, because that’s what birthdays are about. We did some target shooting.

Look at the target Carter!

IMG_4922

I love how excited he got after shooting the gun.

IMG_4923 (1)

We all took turns- I only took 1 turn because I hit all my targets, didn’t want to jinx myself by going again.

IMG_4940IMG_4919IMG_4928 (1)IMG_4930

What a good looking man.

IMG_4935

Careful, he packs heat and cuteness.

IMG_4938 (1)IMG_4943

Today is such a special birthday. Cooper shares his day with his Grandpa Mike, who is also in heaven. We don’t know what foods Cooper would’ve picked for his birthday, but we know Mike liked french dip, so that was dinner. He also loved blueberries, so we had blueberry cheesecake. Miss you guys!

IMG_4945IMG_4951

No comments: