Sunday, March 13, 2016

fun weekend

Clayton, Porter and one other young man in our ward (we have a very small amount of youth in our ward- ironic, since we live in Utah now) went to Wild Horse Canyon & Goblin Valley Friday and Saturday. I’m so excited for Porter because on the 19th he is officially in the older group and has Laun and Jeff Pererro as his leaders and they are great.

How fun for the boys to go on these adventures with their dad.

IMG_0706 (1)   IMG_0710 (1)IMG_0712 (1)IMG_0713 (1)

These places look awesome and I think we need to go as a family!

IMG_0716IMG_0718IMG_0720 (1)IMG_0721 (1)

I wasn’t even there, but I can assure you from this picture that these boys are trying to catch a lizard or some creature.

IMG_0722

Clayton is king of the mountain.

IMG_0724 (1)IMG_0727 (1)

On the last part of the hike Clayton and his leader Jeff raced (with eyes closed-crazy & people helping to direct them) to see who could get to the truck first. Luckily, they are both still alive.

IMG_0730 (1)

While the boys were away the Larsens came to town, well John, Jennette & John John did. So the young-ins and I joined them for some shopping on Saturday. John John had lots of pre-mission shopping to do, so we went to the Missionary Mall. Carter is all ready to go.

IMG_0698IMG_0699 (1)

While they finished shopping, the kids and I went to a nearby bookstore and had a great time. Then we had John John’s choice for lunch, In N Out and then to the BYU bookstore. I’m so glad we get to spend time with him before his mission starts in just over a month!

The boys got back from their young men trip & we got back from shopping, just in time for all the adults to go to dinner. I’m so glad Brandon and Mary could join us. It’s always fun to eat sushi with a big group.

IMG_0704IMG_0703

Sunday evening we went as a family to the Diamond Fork Canyon for hot cocoa and marshmallow roasting.

Laun and Porter by the fire.

IMG_0743 (1)

Who doesn’t love hot cocoa…helps me deal with the cold weather.

IMG_0746

Too bad this picture is blurry- the kids and I just soaking the last of the weekend in.

IMG_0751 (1)

No comments: