Friday, September 11, 2015

my boys

I shook most of the peaches off the tree and I think Carter was in heaven.

cat phone 037cat phone 038

The boys had a cross country meet and I couldn’t believe how close Porter got to Clayton near the end of the race. Laun told Porter he will pay him 5 bucks if he beats Clayton in a meet…I figure this is good motivation for both of them. I’m so proud of my boys, they are doing things I wish I could do, like run.

cat phone 042

We went straight from the cross country meet to Porter’s soccer game in Heber. After the game I took the boys to Dairy Kenn. Marlee was home with Dad.

cat phone 007cat phone 011/

I couldn’t help but think of what 9/11 means, the anniversary of the twin towers crashing down. I remember that day so well. Laun and I were just newlyweds and had been married for a little less than 9 months. We would soon find out we were expecting our first baby. We watched the TV in horror on our couch, in our little living room in our tiny duplex. Laun left for GCC that day to take a test for a class. My heart went out to everyone involved. How could someone do this? What type of world are we living in? But one thing remains true, there are more people in this world with good intentions than bad ones. There was more people helping one another than those who caused such pain. Each individual has such an impact on the world. I want to have a good impact, be a good person, raise good children and help lift others up.

No comments: