After church we had a picnic.
Porter is obsessed with Tucker.
Tucker was trying to feed Porter.
We went to the Mormon Battalion museum. I have a relative that was in the battalion and Laun has two: Samuel Hollister Rogers and William Bailey Maxwell (the only reason why I know their names is because Jennette is a family history pro).
The museum has pictures that talk and tell their stories.
cutest brick maker ever
panning for gold
Tucker and Carter
Carter is exactly 3 months older than Tucker, it’s so fun having babies close in age.
I’m pretty sure they know they’re cute.
We had book club tonight. We read the book Wonder and I highly recommend it.
Then we took a walk on the pier.
These two adore each other:
Then Andy and Elizabeth had a fireside to honor my Dad who just retired and my mom for all her support.
Michael played for us.
Andy made my dad a lei with an apple for every year he taught.
Richard gave my dad a display that has all these pins on it. Each pin represents the school/degree that any of parent’s children and spouses have earned. There was a lot of pins. The rest of the space is for the grandkids to fill in with their pins. My parents have lead by example that education is important. My parents both graduated from BYU with their bachelors and my dad went on to get a Masters and Doctorate. I’m so proud of Laun, he has 3 pins on the display. Both Laun and my dad have gotten their Bachelors, Master and Doctorate. Looking at my parents, siblings and especially Laun has made me value an education. I’ve only earned my associates and it motivates me to go on and get my bachelors degree. We are so proud of dad and all he’s achieved and for my mom’s continuing support.
Carter ended the night with a bath…in a huge tub.
No comments:
Post a Comment