Monday the 14th
We spent the night at my parents home last night and Laun and I left with Carter this morning for Utah. Our older kids are staying with my parents while we are away.
We stopped in Flagstaff, isn’t this baby boy the cutest! I have a fond place in my heart for this city because Laun and I went to a semester at NAU while we were dating and engaged.
Then we stopped in Kanab at a little restaurant called The Three Bears.
Carter wasn’t all that impressed until the food came out.
I got my usual- freshly made bread with butter honey. And we shared a shake, since they are massive.
We finally got to Riverton, where Laun’s Aunt Julie lives. We are staying there while we are in Utah and so is Jennette and her kids!
Carter was more than happy to be held by his cousin Michael tonight.
Tuesday- the 15th
Today was the big day. Laun gave his presentation to IFA and I got to be there, thanks to family watching Carter. It’s hard to be away from my baby for most the day, but at least I know he’s with people who love him.
After Laun nailed his presentation and we both met with the President, we headed to Market Grill Street for dinner with some of the IFA employees.
Presentation went great, dinner went great and I think Laun will get the job offer! We are happy and ready to go see our Carter man.
While we were away Carter was happy with people dotting on him, but he wasn’t too happy about his dinner (not a fan of bottles or formula) and being dressed like a girl (thanks to his cousin Anna). I was happy that Anna sent me some pictures of Carter.
Wednesday- the 16th
Carter met Aunt Tressa, who came from Idaho to visit. He was a big fan! He got held during the whole shopping trip.
Aunt Julie and Aunt Tressa helped me make adabada-pork tacos for dinner. Laun suggested we make it and then was out longer with IFA then he thought, so thank goodness his Aunt’s rescued me and helped out. We had dinner at Julie’s and most her kids and their families came.
Aunt Tressa and Laun
Carter, my sleeping angel.
Thursday- the 17th
Carter getting in some snuggles with cousin Alden.
Laun and I tried out JCW’s for lunch. Good hamburgers and fries- I’ll be going back!
Then we walked around BYU campus.
We stopped by the Creamery for treats.
Carter was impressed with the Caramel Cashew flavor, as were we.
I was wishing that all our kids were with us so they could’ve tried some.
The mint brownies were not as good as I had remembered from when I went to Women’s Conference years ago.
We saw the Provo City Center Temple under construction…can’t wait to see it finished and hopefully attend the open house!
We took a break from driving for a bit.
Carter needed to stretch his legs.
And drive with his Daddy:)
He did pretty great on the long drives, sleeping most the time. Plus, his lion kept him company.
Friday- the 18th
We stopped at a hotel last night, where Laun wrote his doctorate paper all night/morning- literally. As we were on the Utah trip the due date for his paper got moved up and so we had to stop so Laun could finish and submit it. Poor Laun has got to be sick and tired of writing!
At least we got to see our oldest hooligans today and relieve my parents from babysitting. I’m pretty certain they were more excited to see Carter than us.
And they were happy for the gifts from us.
jelly bellies
gloves and chap sticks
Carter is glad that everywhere he goes there is always adoring fans.
We are so grateful to my parents for watching the kids longer than we expected, in order for Laun to do all with IFA that he needed to and to finish up some of his writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment