Thursday, July 10, 2014

Mt. Lemmon

We love day trips. We needed to get out of the house so we headed to Mt. Lemmon.

laun 9.29.14 019

My dried rose is still on the dash- Laun picked it for me off the bush at Cooper’s grave:)

742

The boys love standing on the running boards.

748745

Carter loves driving with his daddy.

759

The boys wanted to get out and run.

752763

Then we heard them yelling out for Laun. They found a rattlesnake in the middle of the road.

765laun 9.29.14 020

Luckily, they didn’t step on it. Clayton saw it and warned Porter in time.

770

Laun took care of it and the boys are excited for another rattlesnake skin and rattle.

775778

Laun stored the snake in the empty jerky bag- creepy.

790

I think Laun is a little excited for this break from writing.

780

I spend a lot of time looking like this…wearing a nursing cover.

779

I spy Laun, Carter, Marlee, Clayton and Porter:

784

These two have had so many good times together. I hope they never forget.  

816788

I love these pictures of Carter and I:

796

805807

Being outdoors with my family makes me one happy lady.

810

I love when these two get along- so sweet.

812813814815

Just taking a stroll.

818 822 

I think century plants are so cool…

830841843848855860

Marlee got a turn to stand on the running boards, too. The kids love it so much, maybe I should try it some day.

862865869

Stopped by the pond.

laun 9.29.14 024

Marlee has no hesitation getting into the water:)

laun 9.29.14 028laun 9.29.14 031laun 9.29.14 032

We had some of my favorite snacks today…pork jerky, Gossners chocolate milk, cuties and pita chips with hummus.

870871872

Laun found another Rattle snake.

875

If I’m ever stuck out in the wilderness, I’ll survive as long as I have Laun:)

877

Plus, Laun has the best legs and is easy on the eyes. But back to the rattle snake.

882

I love Porter’s facial expression…like run for your life, all while Clayton is getting a picture with Laun’s phone. Don’t worry, Laun won’t let that snake go anywhere.

887884

Then they found a gopher snake, which is great because they aren’t poisonous so the boys can catch it.

889890891892894

Then the boys tagged team to catch tarantulas.

See those little legs crawling? Gross!

896

They put it in one water bottle and then dump it in the other and that’s how you get a water bottle full of tarantulas.

898899900

A drive in the desert is just what our family needed. The boys live for this stuff.

No comments: