It’s hard to believe that I have a 12 year old! I’m so proud of this boy- young man.
I was excited because Clayton asked for doughnuts for breakfast instead of the usual crepes. It’s always nice to mix it up.
Laun made him some C doughnuts.
I’m always curious to see what cream cow the kids will choose to use:
The boys got out their rattlesnake skin collection. it’s growing.
Birthday lunch with dad at Red Lobsters.
Birthday dinner was a copycat of sandwiches Grandma Lucy makes; Clayton loves them. The secret is mayo with smoked paprika.
Easiest birthday dinner…sandwiches, veggies, pineapple and soda.
We had our neighbor Jacob over for dinner and dessert. Jacob has a goal to wear that bandana all summer, he is one funny kid.
Clayton asked for monster cake- again. Layers of chocolate and white cake with pistachio filling.
Carter decided to see what all the fuss was about…
Earlier, Clayton got presents from his grandparents and us. Money from his Great Turley Grandparents, money from Grandma Lucy and a soccer ball and tie from his Turley Grandparents. And Laun and I got him a suit. When our kids are 8 they get their very own nice set of scriptures. When they are 12 the boys will get a suit to wear, since they will pass the sacrament. I will post pictures of him in his suit when he wears it to church:)
Today he got a fishing fillet knife from Marlee.
And a coldstone gift card from Porter.
Jacob got him a target and pellets.
Then Laun took Clayton, Porter, Jacob and Tim (Jacob’s dad) to Mount Lemmon and Reddington Pass to find snakes.
Each boy ended up coming home with a rattlesnake to skin! I think Clayton’s birthday was a success!
12 Things I love about Clayton:
1- His excitement to get the priesthood and pass the sacrament.
2- His willingness to babysit his siblings, he’s a huge help!
3- His lack of fear about public speaking.
4- Our shared love of sweets.
5- His interest for anything outdoors.
6- His sweet soccer skills (he had some incredible goals this year- one from almost half field and another one that he bumped in with his chest).
7- He’s always up for doing something and trying new things (a recent one is playing the French horn).
8- His desire to someday have a family restaurant (he’s pretty sure his parents are amazing cooks).
9- The way he talks to and interacts with his baby brother Carter.
10- His ability to make friends everywhere he goes.
11- He is the most handsome 12 year old I know.
12- His tender heart.


No comments:
Post a Comment