Friday, July 4, 2014

4th of the July

This morning we went to my parents ward for the annual 4th of July breakfast that the scouts put on. My sister Rachel was making these shirts, so Marlee and I joined in. Laun stayed back to write…he’s got to be sick of writing, but it will be worth it to finish his doctorate degree!

141

love these boys

laun 9.29.14 005

When Carter notices a camera, he looks.

laun 9.29.14 008laun 9.29.14 010

Laun took the kids to catch crawdads:

laun 9.29.14 012

My parents took our family out to Mac Alpine’s Restaurant for lunch and treats. It’s a super old place that connects to an antique store.

178

Carter trying out the cowboy hat.

143

Lunch was great- chicken sandwich and sweet coleslaw. The best part is all the different ice cream and soda options they have. Laun and I got pistachio ice cream with amaretto soda and it was really good.

148150

They also bring you the extra soda so you can pour in more as you like.

154

Carter wasn’t sure what to think of amaretto soda.

171157

I always love going out to eat with my family because we all share, so everyone gets to try a lot of different foods.

152

The boys got cookie dough ice cream with butterscotch soda. This picture of the boys reminds me of ones from the hospital with Cooper, where they are sharing a drink.

160

These pictures were taken over 7 years ago:

DSC00188DSC00263

This old place had so much character.

167169

In the antique store attached my mom bought me a cream cow.

173

This might be my 40th cream cow, no joke!

176

Very fun lunch and I was glad that Laun got to take a break and join us. Thanks mom and dad!

180

Tonight my mom and I headed over with the kids to Laura’s house. I’m so glad Laura invited us over because with Laun writing we would’ve been on our own.

I love the two swinging babies.

181

Laura made us a yummy dinner.

183

And of course we went swimming.

184189190191

Laura also made dessert.

663

Carter loves my mom.

658

Then Laura and I took the kids to see fireworks. We ended up parking at a mall and being pretty close to the fireworks.

My kids sat in trees to watch the show.

667673668

The boys had the best view.

674679

Carter slept through the show.

683

Happy Fourth!

No comments: