Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Break just got better...

The Larsen's came into town last night & we are so happy to have them here. It is our boys spring break & great timing with having cousins here! We went to some museums today: the Pima Air & Space Museum and the International Wildlife Museum.


The Pima Air & Space Museum:

The Wright Flyer- What adventurous guys, they had guts & determination that I admire.

The kiddos:


Some of the jets/planes have a ladder so that you can get a closer look.


love her facial expressions


I don't know if I would trust these 2 boys to drive me anywhere;)



I read about this helicopter and it was designed to be low-cost, but they banned it. If the pilot stumbled during landing or take-off, the blades got destroyed..."as they pounded themselves to bits on the ground." I wasn't sure if that sentence was talking about the blades or the pilots as "bits", either way I'm sure it was no good for the pilot.


This one was crazy looking- I guess when it landed it acts like a boat.

Shipwrecked

taking a rest

This looks like a plane that a President would ride in.

don't mess with this pilot



Human hamster ball-yes, a guy sits in that small ball, crazy!

Marlee likes to "drive"

One of my favorite parts is that so many of the men that work there, actually flew in jets/planes, during that time. I am so thankful for their service to our country. I can't imagine what they went through. Here is one of them talking with John & John-John.

John- this type of stuff could be in his future, he has a real interest in it.




John having a turn seeing what it was like to stand in there- I wonder how long they had to stand like that.

Porter & Alden had fun checking everything out.

There was so many jets/planes- we didn't even get a chance to look at everything.

Then we went to the International Wildlife Museum:
There were lots of different horns & skulls to look at.


Testing their animal knowledge:


Alden & Marlee



This is one of the kids favorite poses:


I love how Porter is loving on Marlee:

Jennette & Anna:


It tells you what egg belongs to what animal.

The wings on this butterfly almost look fake, fabric like.

Anna was such a big helper with Marlee.

Marlee likes her Uncle John.

I love this lady [not talking about myself, referring to Jennette]:

Clayton trying to catch frogs:

The outside of this museum is so pretty, the kids love the pond.


For dinner we went to the Sushi Garden-yum!

I had to take off a little early, because I had school tonight. Only 2 more weeks & this semester is over! I am a little sick of writing essays and ready for math-never thought I'd say that:) Tomorrow we are headed out to another museum, I am loving having my boys home!

No comments: