Sunday, February 14, 2016

V-day

Well, Valentines Day went a little different then planned. We woke up not feeling well. Carter had the runs like I’ve never seen before (lovely thought). We had coughs and headaches, not sure if it’s from all the fog? Who knows?! Anyways, we all stayed home from church and napped and watched movies. We finally got so sick of being cooped up that we went on a drive and the kids did a little sledding.

IMG_0074IMG_0077

I think Carter has found his other love in life (besides cows) and that’s sledding. He kept saying “wee” over and over and when the board stopped he stood up like a surfer. It was darling.

IMG_0081IMG_0083IMG_0085

He screamed out of delight when he went sledding with Porter.

IMG_0087

And was brave enough to go by himself over and over. You’d try and lay him down, but he’d pop up on his knees and hands.

IMG_0089IMG_0090IMG_0096

All the kids had a blast.

IMG_0097IMG_0098IMG_0100IMG_0099

On the drive home Porter was getting Carter to crack up. It was so funny.

IMG_0102IMG_0104

Unfortanately, with not feeling well, we postponed our traditional fondue dinner.

But I did manage to get done everyone’s Valentine’s for their doors:

IMG_0110

Marlee thought I should have one, too:)

IMG_0109

Clayton & Porter’s:

IMG_0118

Marlee & Carter’s:

IMG_0112

And I managed to get done the sugar cookies.

002001

I do big heart cookies each Valentines day with the initials or kids names on them, just like my Grandma Turley always did for the grandkids growing up. 

003

Trying to get a family picture on the phone is difficult, no wonder people use selfie sticks.

IMG_0140

cookie love

IMG_0134

Carter couldn’t wait for the picture, he just started eating the frosting and saying, “num num”.

IMG_0157005IMG_0138IMG_0136011IMG_0154

I also did some cow cookies, Carter loves cows.

And I love these pictures Porter took:

032036

This is how the table looked before we headed to bed. I love how only Laun and I’s cookies are untouched.

IMG_0158

No comments: