Tuesday, February 16, 2016

He is two!!

My friend Corrine has a boy that share’s Carter’s birthday, so she dropped off some balloons and they were a huge hit. He wanted them first thing in the morning and kept walking around with them and saying “balls”. He also loved playing peek-a-boo with them.

cat phone 013cat phone 014cat phone 015cat phone 019cat phone 020cat phone 021

This kid loves oatmeal, so that was his breakfast. He loves warm cereal. He also liked getting his milk poured from a cow, with his big brother Clayton’s help.

002cat phone 024003011cat phone 027

Porter went to 3 dairies with Laun and one of them had a pet deer.

cat phone 033

Laun and Porter got home after lunch time, so instead of Carter going on a birthday lunch with dad, he got some m&m’s and skittles.

cat phone 031

Since we weren’t feeling well on Valentines (I’m still feeling crummy with a cold) we put off our fondue dinner until tonight. Works well for a birthday meal, too.

cat phone 035cat phone 038019

Marlee labeled and colored on Carter’s present. I love that she wants to help me.

020

These two melt my heart, they are great buds, both obsessed with cows. Carter really liked his books.

cat phone 050

cat phone 052

He got a bowling set and I was glad he enjoyed it so much.

027

He got some animal puzzles and made some really cute expressions when he saw them.

029

He loves balls, so I was excited to find small ones that he can easily grip.

047

With not feeling well and Carter not being old enough to care about me making a cake, I opted for the easy dessert, donuts.

He was so cute blowing out the candles, I had Laun light them twice, just so we could see it again.

050051

He makes the funniest face when he says “hot” for fire.

cat phone 059cat phone 062cat phone 063

And that is the one and only bite he took, so glad I didn’t make a cake!

054cat phone 068

All he cared about was his gifts. Here he is asking Laun where they went.

cat phone 072

For the rest of the night he was in new toy-book heaven.

cat phone 074059

 

2 Things I love about Carter:

1. He is perfect (at least we all think so). Perfectly rotten.

2. He is tough and sweet. He’s been through so much, yet remains happy.

It is hard to only mention 2 things, but I mention however many years they’ve turned. We love you Carter, more than words can describe. You are pure joy and we all adore you and the happiness you bring to our home and family. Happy Birthday sweet boy. I still can’t believe you are already 2 and technically a toddler. How is my baby a toddler already?! Love you!

No comments: