Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Marlee is seven!!!

I made Marlee’s cake yesterday. She requested pink, purple and blue frosting (her fav colors) and she wanted princess stuff, what I found actually goes in cupcakes, but she loved putting them all over that cake.

IMG_9576IMG_9580

Breakfast- crepes (what my kids almost always request)

007

The traditional cream cow milk pouring.

010

IMG_9588IMG_9590

Laun took Marlee out of school for lunch at McDonalds. Our kids love this birthday lunch with dad tradition.

IMG_9601IMG_9603

I don’t know how Laun gets anything done in the office with Carter. This boy loves books.

IMG_9596IMG_9598

Dinner: steak, mashed potatoes, corn and salad with croutons, cranraisins, pear and apple (she asked for all those salad toppings) and Dad’s blueberry lemondade.

018IMG_9606

This girl loved her cake, even though I’m not that good at frosting, especially with more than one color. She is so easy to please and grateful.

026031033037040084072

Yes, she has a black eye. She fell earlier this week and hit a wooden banister-ouch!

071

Marlee picked at her frosting yesterday and then Carter finished the job. This poor cake was almost bare by the time he was done.

050085

Marlee loved her gifts. This lady in Spanish Fork sews these darling dolls. I took fabric that matches Marlee’s pillowcases. I love how the doll has a pocket, which Marlee and I will use to leave notes to each other. The princess art therapy book is like a fancy coloring book, which she’ll love.

IMG_9615056

I bought these skirts from the same lady who sewed the doll.

063064065066

Grandma Lucy sends a box filled with all sorts of goodies that Marlee always looks forward to.

087

Happy 7th birthday to our only girl!

7 thinkgs I love about Marlee:

1. Her smile, it’s contagious.

2. Her singing voice. She can often be heard singing at home, in the car or to help Carter fall asleep.

3. She thought it was unfair that Clayton and Porter share a room and she had her own room (someday she’ll realize how funny that sounds), so she requested to share a room with Carter and loves it.

4. She is like a second mother in the home. She’ll come find me and tell me when Carter needs something.

5. She has become a great little reader and student.

6. The way she talks. I love how she words things, she is so funny.

7. Her kind heart and beauty inside and out.

No comments: