Earlier this week Laun was carrying a big rug in the back yard & he couldn’t see the new hole our dog had dug. Laun tripped & heard two pops in his ankle (never a good thing). He called his brother Ryan who told him to get to Show Low as soon as possible. We were already going to go to Show Low this weekend anyways, so we just started our trip earlier than planned.
Laun had a surgery on his ankle today, by none other than the amazing surgeon, Ryan Hall. The benefit of having a brother (well actually, brothers) for a surgeon is that you don’t have to go to the waiting room, you just go right back with the doctor. Most of the staff teased Ryan by coming up to Laun & telling him how much better looking he was than his brother Ryan. After the surgery I found out that one of Laun’s ligaments was almost completely torn & that another ligament was tearing. I am thankful for Ryan taking such good care of my husband & getting his ankle all fixed up. I am so glad Laun finally got surgery on his ankle because he was suppose to have surgery on it when he was on a mission, but he didn’t want to leave his mission, so he didn't’ t have it. And now after this recent incident, he is pretty over do of an ankle surgery.
Laun in the recovery room ^ after his surgery. Thanks to Jennette for watching our kiddos so that I could be with Laun all day. We actually went to the movies together & then headed to the surgery center. Hopefully Laun heals fast, this is suppose to be a rough recovery! He has to be on crutches for 4 weeks (I will believe it when I see it) & then careful for 4 more weeks. Lucky for him, I make a dang good nurse :)
No comments:
Post a Comment