Monday, March 19, 2012

Porter is eight!!!

I can’t believe that Porter is eight! I was so excited the day he was born to discover that he had dark hair and Turley hands. He is bright, funny, and flexible beyond belief. He has dance moves that will make you smile and probably has the loudest voice I know. His determination continues to amaze me and his natural luck still goes on. We love our brown eyed boy.

For his birthday breakfast he choose crepes:

082

This time I remembered to get out his cream cow. Marlee thought it was fun watching the cow “throw up”—lovely thought.

086

088 090 092

Laun and I took the boys out of school for Porter’s birthday lunch. Porter choose to go to Genghis Grill for Mongolian stir—fry.

039

This is such a fun place, not only is the food so good, you can watch them cook it.

038 040

We all pick udon noodles:

052 049 045

I decided that Marlee and I could share a bowl…big mistake, near the end she decided she didn’t feel like sharing anymore.

053

After school I took rainbow sugar cookies to Porter’s class to celebrate his birthday.

054

When we got home we found a package in the mail. Andy and Elizabeth’s family sent Porter a tie tack, a CTR band and a cute letter from Avery. Porter was very excited.

096

When Laun got home we all went to Lee Lee Market to pick up food for Porter’s birthday dinner. He wanted stir—fry, again:)

055 056

Porter went around the store picking out noodles, veggies, sauce and soda.

057 058

We tried out some new veggies:

110112

We got some fun sodas…the coconut flavor is my favorite.

113

Laun makes a good stir—fry.

114

Jonathan and Darleen joined us.

115 116


Porter is wearing Clayton's classic Napoleon Dynamite shirt:

117

Present time. I think Marlee was as excited as Porter.

118

We got Porter a fishing pole…

121

a reel, and a set of scriptures with a case.

124126

His Turley Grandparents got him 2 huge books: activities and search.

130132


Jonathan and Darleen got him a rubik's cube, he is gonna love that.

134135

Porter loves chocolate cake with caramel, nuts and whipping cream, and then topped with vanilla ice cream.

139

Make a wish:

140 141 142

143

Porter we love you and the sweet spirit you are in our home. We are so excited for your upcoming baptism. Love you always.

3 comments:

Krause Crew said...

What a great 8th birthday! I wish my birthdays had half the cool stuff his did. I love the picture of Marlee with her shirt on backwards and inside out.

Rachel Starchman said...

That is the yummiest looking cake!! It looks like one you'd find at the Cheesecake Factory :) Nice job Cat!! I need one for my birthday ;) I can't believe he is 8. He was the Cutest little baby when we met. I remember him crawling around nursery and how flexible he was then! And he's amazing with his hands. Happy Birthday Porter!!
You and Marlee look so pretty with your bangs!!

Rachel Starchman said...

And I still giggle when one of his cousins, at Claytons baptism brunch said to him, "don't worry, when your 5 like me, your hands will look like mine." Porter, "I'm already 6." He looked at her like she was crazy!! Haha.

((I can't remember his exact age, but it was soooo funny, and he handled like it was no bigger, like how Collin would with his leg :))