Saturday, November 6, 2010

Reid Park Zoo

The kids & I met up with Rachel Allen & her kiddos at the zoo.

Clayton has been taking photos lately with my little camera & it is fun when I download the pictures to see what he has taken. He used my camera so much of the time, that I might as well just buy him his own. He took this picture of the peacock & many more.


The kids all checking out the polar bear swimming. The Allen girls were always helping Marlee or carrying her around, they are like built in babysitters.



I had to get a picture of this tortoise because I was almost convinced it was dead when I first saw it. It cracks me up how its legs look.



A moment where the boys were getting along;)


Feeding the fish- thankfully Rachel had coins so the boys got fish food to throw out to all of the huge fishes.


I love how bored the 2 little ones look- looking on as the older kids fed fish.




I think these monkeys are always the most entertaining part of the whole zoo (I was talking about the animals, not the children).


Marlee did not like hatching from an egg.


A photo Clay took of some funky bird.


King of the ant hill.


Marlee with her leash......I mean backpack. I used to see kids wearing these things before I was a mom & thought it was so mean. But now I see it more as freedom for both the mother & the child. Marlee loves to wear the backpack but, I am not sure how much she likes that there is a leash attached to it. She had fun checking out the animals & being doted on by all the Allen girls.
It was fun to get out of the house & to hang out with friends.

No comments: