I think that being a mother is the greatest but hardest job ever. Being a homemaker includes so many responsibilities and important/essential qualities. In some areas I do great and in other areas I fall short but, that is just life and part of being human. When I get discouraged my kids can lift me higher with the wonderful things they say to me (not that they always say wonderful things to me, but we won't get into that right now).
Wonderful things, such as:
Clayton-"Mom, you make the best jumbo chocolate chip cookies ever!"
Porter- "Whenever I go on trips without you mom, I miss you."
Cooper- Well he never made a sound, his body had just been through so much. But he did open his eyes one time and it was when I was there with him in the nicu. And Laun told me that he thinks Cooper just wanted to see his mom before he went back to heaven.
Marlee- The other day I was kissing Marlee on the face over and over again and she said, "Thank you mom, thank you mom, thank you mom."
I love my kids so much and even though being a mother is a 24/7 job that has many challenges, the rewards are the best. I am grateful to be the mother of four wonderful children and I am thankful for my husband and children who love me despite my many, many faults. Their sweet words and actions towards me melt my heart and encourage me to be better.
Wonderful things, such as:
Clayton-"Mom, you make the best jumbo chocolate chip cookies ever!"
Porter- "Whenever I go on trips without you mom, I miss you."
Cooper- Well he never made a sound, his body had just been through so much. But he did open his eyes one time and it was when I was there with him in the nicu. And Laun told me that he thinks Cooper just wanted to see his mom before he went back to heaven.
Marlee- The other day I was kissing Marlee on the face over and over again and she said, "Thank you mom, thank you mom, thank you mom."
I love my kids so much and even though being a mother is a 24/7 job that has many challenges, the rewards are the best. I am grateful to be the mother of four wonderful children and I am thankful for my husband and children who love me despite my many, many faults. Their sweet words and actions towards me melt my heart and encourage me to be better.
1 comment:
What a great post! Love it!
Post a Comment