Sunday, March 21, 2010

the birthday boys

The 1st day of Spring- what a great day to have a birthday.
Michael {Launs father} and Cooper share the same birthday. They have both passed on but, maybe they had a rockin' birthday party in heaven together. We miss them both & can't wait to see them on the other side. Happy birthday Mike & Coop, we love you!!!!!

Here is Lucy & Mike on their wedding day.


Here is our Cooper on his birthday- 3 years ago today.


Laun made these pop-overs for breakfast:

Clayton wrote down the recipe^



Then we released 3 ballons since it was Coopers 3rd birthday. The boys wrote on the ballons: Happy Birthday, for Cooper.

Since we can't give Cooper a present, we sent him ballons.


We obviously have no talent at ballon releasing & all 3 landed in our big tree- what are the odds of that?


So Laun got on our wall & knocked 2 loose but, 1 was still stuck.

And when we got home from church the 3rd one was gone- better late then never I guess.
Note to self: Next year when we release ballons we will not stand near any tall trees.

After church we stopped by the UMC hospital where Cooper lived his whole earthly life. We went up & peeked through the NICU window & saw where Cooper lived his 2 weeks. Marlee had never been up there before {except for in my prego belly} & she was pretty quiet the whole time {which is rare for her}. It is strange to think that he was born & died in the same place. The other day Porter said,"I know someone who has never seen a real animal in their life." And I thought who has never seen an animal before? And Porter said,"Cooper." I had never thought about that before. I'm pretty sure my other kids have seen enough animals to make up for Cooper & I'm pretty sure Cooper has seen lots of animals in heaven.
Here we are outside of the hospital:
My parents sent us some money to help us celebrate Coopers birthday & I thought that was very sweet.

When Cooper was in the NICU the boys used to get flavored milks in the hospital cafeteria so, every year on Coopers birthday we all drink our choice of flavored milk.

Heres to you Cooper- Happy {Third} Birthday!!!!!!

10 comments:

Cherise said...

I love that you do these fun traditions. Your boys will always know, and understand how important Cooper is to your family.
Wow...Laun, you look just like your dad. Exactly. I had never seen a picture until now. whoa!

Bekah said...

Your family is so amazing! I am always impressed by all you do for your boys and Marlee! Happy Birthday,Cooper! What a little blessing he was and continues to be for your family!

Elizabeth said...

Cherise is right, Mike looks so much like Laun- and his brothers. We'll be thinking of you guys these next couple of weeks.
Love you.

Alli said...

What a sweet day. It is so nice that Cooper and his Grandpa share a birthday. I'm sure they are both happy to be loved, appreciated and missed.

You guys rock.

Emily said...

What a beautiful thing it is that you celebrate Cooper's life in such a fun way! Your family is amazing and you inspire me to be a better mother. Thank you for your example.

Amanda said...

It's a little creepy seeing Ryan and Jeanette posed for a wedding picture like that. What were they thinking?!
Thanks for sharing a little of your day with us. The balloons are a great idea.

Brooke said...

You are such a cool family. I love that you celebrate Cooper and remember him on his birthday. You are so creative and thoughtful with your traditions.

Manders said...

Wow Laun looks just like his dad! Wow!

Norris Family said...

Your guys are so inspirational. I am humbled by your strength every day.
Happy Birthday Cooper, we are so glad that you are a part of this family.
Oh, and the popovers look amazing I will have to get the recipe from you.

wittygal said...

Very sweet!