Friday, March 26, 2010

BACK home

Laun & I got a romantic get away to UMC hospital from wednesday to friday:) Laun has been having lots of back pain lately & we found out that he had a herniated disc so, he had an operation on thursday to remove part of the disc. The surgery went well & hopefully Laun will feel better soon. After the surgery a nurse asked me if I have ever seen one of those shows where someone is trying to catch a crocodile & the crocodile just keeps spinning around like crazy. Then she told me that Laun reminded her of the croc because he just kept spinning over & over again & it took 4 nurses to finally hold him down. I guess we now know how Laun reacts under anestesia. He has to take it easy for 6-8 weeks & is not supposed to lift anything over 10 lbs, which means no picking up Marlee. He will just have to hold her when he is sitting down I guess. We were so blessed to be in a great hospital & surronded by wonderful doctors & staff. We are also grateful to the Horner family & Launs mom Lucy for helping take care of our children so that I could stay in the hospital with Laun.


He even looks good in a hospital gown:)

7 comments:

Manders said...

Oh NO! Hope he is feeling better soon!

Cherise said...

Catherine!!! Why didn't you call me? We could have helped somehow!

Krause Crew said...

I hope that hospital gown closes in the back... :)
Wishing Laun a fast recovery. Your family will be in our prayers.

Karen Burr said...

He'll give in and hold the little princess!

Alli said...

Dang! Was it drinking out of the frying pan that got him? Tell that dude to get better fast and be nice to nurses.

Nicole said...

Hope that his recovery is quick and that he feels better soon!

Jen said...

Yikes. Hope he is feeling better soon.