Over 400 eighth graders were tested to see if they qualified to be in the school geography bee and today 28 students competed, so even making it into the bee was a great accomplishment. Porter wanted to watch, so I pulled him out of his classes. And Carter came too, thankfully he slept in his stroller for over half of the event.
It finally got down to the last two students and Clayton was one of them!
Clayton got 2nd place overall! I think I need to get this boy onto Jeopardy!
Third, Second and First place- all the top 3 got prizes.
I’m so proud of this young man. He is so smart. I knew before the bee started that he’d do well, he just stays so calm and doesn’t seem to let his nerves get to him, plus he has a great memory. One year he got 2nd place in a school spelling bee, and after today’s bee he was like what is up with me getting 2nd place.
I took him out for lunch at Culver’s for his favorite mushroom swiss hamburger and a shake.
When he got home Carter cuddled right up to him and fell asleep. I’m not only proud of my son for being bright, I’m even more proud that he’s a wonderful big brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment