Wednesday, May 21, 2014

schools out for summer!

This morning was the 5th grade graduation. The elementary school here only goes up to 5th grade, so Porter will be in junior high next year, which is 6-8th grade!

They had every student walk across the stage to shake hands and get their certificate.

cat phone 213cat phone 215

Carter wasn’t too impressed…I had to leave the room several times with him, once to change his diaper and the other times because he got too noisy.

cat phone 226

All the 5th graders sang a song together. Porter was pretty excited to sing the song…he’s in the front row, center with the red shirt. Unfortunately I only video taped the very beginning because after that I had to take Carter out.

cat phone 222

The handsome graduate.

cat phone 229

I think it’s cute that they gave all the students flowers to wear.

cat phone 231cat phone 233

Porter and his homeroom teacher Mrs. Taylor.

cat phone 235

They had cookies and punch and then a water party to end the day.

I picked up Marlee and Clayton and then we took some quail to Porter’s school. Our kids had so much fun teaching a crowd of fifth graders all about quail.

cat phone 237cat phone 239cat phone 244

Porter left with a handful of classmates numbers who want to buy some quail. In fact, we are meeting up with one of them tomorrow for a sale:)

cat phone 245

handsome boys

cat phone 247

We are all pretty happy that summer break has begun (Marlee still has one more day of preschool, but that’s it).

cat phone 248

Now there will be siblings home all day to love on this baby:

cat phone 267cat phone 260

Clayton’s Shark poem:

cat phone 269

Some of Porter’s school work:

cat phone 271

This is why I think traditions are a big deal:

cat phone 272cat phone 275

Laun made an amazing meatball dinner.

cat phone 277cat phone 278

And I am so excited to not set an alarm clock for awhile and to not be running back and forth all day driving kids to school.

No comments: