Friday, November 29, 2013

love the holiday season

This morning Lucy, the kids and I met up with Jared’s family to go cut down a Christmas tree.

The kids had fun playing and skating on a frozen pond.

030

As a mom I probably shouldn’t have let the kids go out on the frozen pond…can you imagine if one of them fell in?

037

My kids were excited to play in the snow. We don’t see much snow in Tucson.

043

Pearce and Clayton had fun throwing snowballs at the other kids.

047

I love these pictures of Porter chucking a snowball at me.

057058059

Marlee loved rolling around in the snow. I should’ve put her snow pants on, she got her jeans all wet.

061

She was pretty excited to help the older girls build a snowman.

064065072074

She ate plenty of snow.

076077079080

You can see the boys way off building a fort. 

082

Laun’s still hunting, so Jared chopped down a Christmas tree for us.

086

Snowman and Grant

092

Jared and Lisa’s family with their tree.

096

I love when we go to Thanksgiving in Show Low because the tradition is to go out the next day and cut down a Christmas tree.

099

The boys had to go out on the frozen pond on the way out.

104

Porter’s so dreamy.

105106

I don’t know how Marlee’s hat isn’t driving her crazy like that.

110

I love the mounds of snow. Marlee loved throwing snow.

114115

Marlee with Grandma Lucy

120

Clayton was pretty proud of his ice rock.

121

Porter requested this picture, funny kid.

123

Here’s our tree. It’s a little sparse on the bottom, but that’s ok because I think we will just use the top so Marlee can have her own little tree:) Laun will likely go with Ryan to cut another tree, so we should have two this year.

124

Loaded and ready to go. I drove the Tahoe all by myself since Laun’s still hunting. I was proud of myself for driving on the snowy/wet dirt roads, I’m used to Laun driving.

126

The boys went to play with Pearce and Mason while Lucy took Marlee and I out for a late lunch. Marlee had been complaining for so long about how hungry she was and she finally started smiling again when she got some food in her tummy.

cat iphone 046

This greasy food was delicious.

cat iphone 047

Then Lucy took us to this jewelry store. The store was celebrating their 5th anniversary, so there was cake and snacks. Marlee was happy to get the piece with a big rose made of pink frosting. Marlee picked out a cute pink bracelet.

cat iphone 050cat iphone 053

Lucy had me pick out a piece of jewelry, so I got this bracelet.

cat iphone 056

Then we stopped to wash the back window since you couldn’t see out of it and Marlee was excited to help.

cat iphone 058

The Tahoe is a dirty mess, which meant we had a good time.

cat iphone 061

 

Tonight Clayton babysat Porter and Marlee while Lucy and I went to the Snowflake Temple. This is the longest I’ve ever left Clayton with the kids and I was a little nervous since he wouldn’t be able to reach me in the temple. He did great and was happy to babysit, since he’s been asking me for over a year if he can. I can’t believe I have a kid old enough to babysit! He will be rewarded with sweets:)

Lucy and I outside the temple. The weather was crazy and so misty you could hardly see.

cat iphone 064

I love the nativity they have right outside the temple.

cat iphone 065cat iphone 066

Laun shot an elk today at 550 yards, but it isn’t as big as he was hoping for, so he’s kind of disappointed. On the upside, he got an elk on the opening day of the hunt and that means we get to see him tomorrow!

No comments: