Saturday, November 2, 2013

CA trip- part 7 and home again

This sleepy little girl is going to see her Daddy and brothers tonight!

323

Today was busy. We went hiking in Armstrong woods and saw the redwoods.

CA trip with Marlee 286CA trip with Marlee 288CA trip with Marlee 290

There was this massive fallen tree that the kids had fun playing on.

CA trip with Marlee 298CA trip with Marlee 302

The kids would crawl through part of the tree and come out on the other side.

CA trip with Marlee 304CA trip with Marlee 305

Then they would climb up this bark and slide down.

CA trip with Marlee 306CA trip with Marlee 313

The trees were massive.

CA trip with Marlee 314CA trip with Marlee 316CA trip with Marlee 321

Quite a few trees have an opening underneath which would be perfect for a clubhouse.

CA trip with Marlee 322CA trip with Marlee 325

This fallen down tree trunk looked so cool.

CA trip with Marlee 333

This was another cool tree with an opening.

CA trip with Marlee 326

This is a view into the opening under the tree.

CA trip with Marlee 335CA trip with Marlee 328

The last picture is the view from inside the opening looking up.

CA trip with Marlee 329CA trip with Marlee 340

CA trip with Marlee 345

 

Then we went to Bodega Bay and had lunch.

 339340333332

We had crab sandwiches and clam chowder for lunch.

335

Then we went to the beach at Bodega Head. We saw some seals and plenty of birds.

CA trip with Marlee 348CA trip with Marlee 349CA trip with Marlee 350CA trip with Marlee 355CA trip with Marlee 357

Then we walked down to the beach.

CA trip with Marlee 359CA trip with Marlee 361CA trip with Marlee 365CA trip with Marlee 367

Marlee was happy to find some sea shells.

CA trip with Marlee 368342

I think Martha and I could pass for sisters.

346

Marlee is holding a crab shell.

347

Then we left the beach and climbed back up to the top.

CA trip with Marlee 375

There was so many beautiful plants.

CA trip with Marlee 377

We checked out some cool trees and the kids played for a bit.

CA trip with Marlee 378CA trip with Marlee 380CA trip with Marlee 388

On our way back to Santa Rosa we stopped at Boudin for some bread. I wanted a sourdough loaf to take home. The kids got free turtle bread.

350352

We sure had a great trip, thanks Richard, Martha and kids!

Richard had to work today, so we took a shuttle to the airport. Marlee loved getting to sit up so high and look out the window.

Marlee has had plenty of firsts on this trip.

354356

Then she moved up to the row in front of me and had two seats all to herself.

362

Going over the Golden Gate Bridge. I love Marlee’s reflection in the window.

366

Watching a biker ride by on the bridge.

368

Holding her breath through the tunnel.

369

So comfy in her own row.

372

Then she decided to sit by me again.

375376

The shuttle we rode on to the airport.

377

Marlee did a pretty good job in the airport by helping roll along her suitcase.

We are taking a night flight home, so we just see a dark sky with lots of lights.

385

The UofA basketball team flew home on the same plane as us. Too bad I didn’t have my boys with me, they would have loved it and I know Porter would have asked for some autographs.

The only picture I took was of the head coach walking off the plane. The guy in the blue jacket is him. Porter’s going to be so disappointed in me. I just feel weird taking pictures of someone without asking.

389

Waiting for daddy, luckily it wasn’t long at all since the Tucson airport is so small.

390

Porter was so bummed that I didn’t get any autographs from the UofA basketball team. He came ready with a pen and paper and everything, but they were already loading on their shuttle.

The boys were excited to see what we brought home for them.

391

They got a chocolate variety from Ghirardelli's and taffy from pier 39. 

393394

I also brought back 2 kinds of balsamic (cinnamon pear and traditional) and 2 kinds of oil (chili and blood orange) with sourdough to try them out.

396

Marlee and I had a great trip, but it is so good to be home. There’s no place like home and being back together as a family. I sure missed my boys and Laun. It’s after 10pm and I am tired and ready to sleep in my own bed with my hot husband.

No comments: