Saturday, August 17, 2013

busy day

The kids completed the Tucson summer reading program through the library and earned themselves some Breakers Water park tickets. Our whole family went to the water park today. I didn’t take any pictures at the park because I don’t like to leave my camera unattended and I just want to enjoy the water. I did get a picture at home though with the boys souvenir water bottle from the water park.

1st day school, mt lemmon, etc 220

Tonight we watched a movie or two as a family while we prepared the grapes we picked yesterday (it took forever to take all the grapes off the vines, maybe we’ll leave them on next time-jeez).

1st day school, mt lemmon, etc 2101st day school, mt lemmon, etc 214

Laun boiled the grapes and drained off all the juice. 1st day school, mt lemmon, etc 2151st day school, mt lemmon, etc 219

I think we’ll have enough grape jelly and syrup to last us awhile. We do like it, but prickly pear is still our favorite.

No comments: