Thursday, November 29, 2012

wisdom teeth

I got my top wisdom teeth taken out on November 27th (the bottom ones were taken out when I was younger). They were barely poking through the skin, but have been causing problems & pain with my other teeth & my ears. I was glad to see them go. I was even happier that the oral surgeon allowed me to stay awake for it, it saved me almost $400 dollars since I didn’t get anesthesia! Plus, it only took him 15 minutes from start to finish to get the two teeth out & stitch me up.

As you can see, they were coming in at an angle, so that explains all the pressure & pain.

China Clayton Cut 413

I asked to take my teeth home, I knew my kids would love to see them.

032

Looking like a chipmunk…priceless, oh wait, no, almost $800. The left tooth was harder to get out, in case you can’t tell from the mug shot. 552

2 comments:

Nannette said...

Ugh, I had my bottom wisdom teeth out in May, and I still can't feel half my chin. I wish I could have stayed awake for it, the anesthesia didn't work for me, so I was half awake and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. Is everything all healed now?

Hall of Halls said...

Nannette- I am almost all healed up & feel great. I was told the bottom wisdom teeth are much more painful to heal from than the top.