Tuesday, November 13, 2012

cooler weather

On Saturday we headed to Mt. Lemmon to go camping. When we got there it was a lot colder than we expected. The drive was beautiful & we got to see some snow.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 005Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 008

We also saw plenty of deer.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 011

And we spotted these two Blue Jay’s in the tree.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 021

Not sure why, but I loved how this burnt tree looked.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 024

I was happy to spot a little fall. I loved the yellow leaves.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 026Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 030

We stopped to cook some dinner.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 033Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 036

We were all starving & these fire roasted hotdogs were so good.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 039

These three kiddos loved camp fires.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 042Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 044Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 051

Porter’s sweet shirt.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 053

What’s better than roasted hotdogs…roasted marshmallows.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 054Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 057Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 063

I am so glad that Clayton is always willing to take some photos of his mom & dad.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 064Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 065

As we were finishing eating it began to snow, so we decided not to camp. We didn’t want to go home, so we headed to Show Low & stayed at the Larsen’s house. Laun made us some yummy smores using their woodstove.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 075

Melted Hershey’s is delicious.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 069

The perfect smore.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 074Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 081Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 077Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 080

 

On Sunday we went to the Hall FHE at Ryan & Kami’s house. All the Hall family that lives up there gets together monthly for FHE. We also celebrated Reagan’s second birthday. She had quite the audience while opening presents.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 092

And Marlee was in heaven playing dress up & hanging out with her girl cousins.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 093

Sweet Raegan kicking it in her new chair.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 105

I love how she has a sucker in one hand & is about to eat her birthday cake.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 110

She loved all the attention.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 114

Later that night I found these two all snuggle up reading. No wonder she is a daddy’s girl.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 122

The boys kicked it downstairs playing video games & watching tv.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 123

 

Monday was such a fun day. We went with John Larsen & his kids squirrel hunting. It was one full Suburban.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 125Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 126Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 127Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 128

When anyone spotted a squirrel they would yell out & the doors would fly open & the chasing would began. The ideal thing is for the squirrel to be chased up a tree, so you don’t have to chase it anymore. Some squirrels were easier to get than others.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 129Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 132Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 147

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 165Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 166Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 167

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 169Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 173Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 181Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 223

Porter was proud to carry his squirrel back.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 203

This is the first time Porter has ever gotten a squirrel, he was sure excited.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 206Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 207

The “Sisters”- all day long Marlee called Anna her sister. I think it is time for us to have another girl:)

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 211

John-John & Michael are both great shots.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 231Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 254

And I am a great shot too…with the camera.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 236

On the run after a squirrel.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 241

Pretty in pink

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 242

I love how snow looks.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 243Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 245

On the run again.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 250

Doughnut time

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 255Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 256Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 257

Laun & Clayton both got a squirrel. This was Clayton’s first time to get a squirrel.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 263Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 270

We spotted three squirrels in one area. Clayton, Michael & John-John all got one.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 271

Even I got a turn. I spotted the squirrel, but it took me a long time to get that squirrel. I could hardly see it hiding at the top of a tree.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 276

This ain’t my first rodeo…I have actually gotten a squirrel before, when Laun & I were dating.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 278

Laun actually had to help me get the squirrel down. I shot it, but it didn’t fall, so he made sure that I got that squirrel; romantic, I know.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 279

I love the picture of the Larsen boys spotting a squirrel. Alden is also a good shot & was happy to get one.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 284Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 287

Marlee was unsuccessful on this round.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 307

Love this photo.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 316

Laun was determined that Marlee got a squirrel. She went back & forth saying: “I want to shoot a squirrel” and “I don’t want to shoot a squirrel.” The girl changes her mind just like she changes her clothes, which is a lot. Lets just day I wash a lot of pink laundry. Anyways, she pulled the trigger with success this time.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 320Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 325

Marlee & her proud Daddy & the poor squirrel.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 329

Her she is trying to avoid touching the squirrel. She might have shot it, but don’t you dare make her touch it.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 330

Some squirrels really make you run. This one was the craziest yet. It jumped out of a tree & flew right over the guys heads (I am so sad I didn’t get a picture of it mid air) & then it climbed in another tree & jumped over them again! Then it took off again & Laun tagged it.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 343

This was the most exciting chase by far.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 347

Sometimes little girls can only get their princess boots so muddy.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 348

The drive started out with snow on the Chevy…

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 215

…the snow eventually melted…

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 268

…and then the ride ended with very muddy roads.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 350

John did a great job driving & some how got us off the muddy road without getting stuck.

Marlee in deep thought.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 357

I got lazy at the end & took pictures from within the comfort & warmth of the Suburban.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 364

Laun chucking a snowball at me. Luckily, I was in the suburban.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 366Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 367

That is a whole lot of squirrels.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 369

Porter is holding up a 1 & Michael 8. Which stands for 18 squirrels! They cleaned house!!!

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 374

John & Laun got the meat off & I kept busy cleaning it. That’s a whole lot of squirrel meat.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 384

 

Tuesday we went to Cooper’s grave. We were excited to see that the rose bush was still alive & that someone planted an aspen tree.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 392

Laun by Cooper’s grave & the boys by their Grandpa Mike’s grave.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 395Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 396

We stopped by to see Lucy & Jeff.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 400

Then we headed home. On the way out the boys saw some wild turkeys. They tried getting a closer look, but the turkey’s took off.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 404

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 411

Marlee was over joyed that she got to ride in the bed of the truck for a bit.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 415Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 417

These kiddos love riding in the bed of the truck. It was a little too cold for my liking, so I stayed in the truck with Laun.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 421

We went on a short hike. Love this girl.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 428Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 429

I came over the hill to see Laun in a tree.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 433Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 435Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 437

We saw some great views.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 447Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 449

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 451

Marlee thought we needed another picture, how could we leave her out?

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 452

Daddy’s girl

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 455Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 457Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 456

Pink Princess

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 460Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 462Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 467Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 469

We got out to look at “Monster Mountain”. Marlee was cold.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 479

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 481

 

Laun’s Grandpa Hall dumped some of this gravel here when they were building something way back in the day.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 484Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 483

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 490Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 491

We stopped in Globe for dinner at this Mexican restaurant we heard about, their burritos were pretty good.

448

We got home tonight & unloaded the truck. I found Marlee fast asleep on the couch. I guess we wore her out.

Mt Lemmom ShowLow trip 493

No comments: