Thursday, July 28, 2011

Clayton’s 9- where did the time go?!?

Clayton chose crepes for his birthday breakfast (I totally forgot our tradition of letting him use the cream cow-oops):

015 016

He really wanted to open his present from us in the morning. We got him a nice fishing pole, reel, and some line. He was pretty happy since he loves fishing so much.

021 023

Checking out the new pole:

024

I took the kids to the movies to see HOP. I love the summer movie deals here-$2 adults & kids are free. We’ve gone to the movies almost every week.

037

For lunch we out to the Sushi Garden (usually just Laun takes the b-day kid out, but Clayton wanted us all to come). Then we headed over to World’s Sports Grill where the boys played arcade games.

038

My parents came in town & gave Clayton some cash (always a fav for him) & another bird/water feeder-we can always use more of those with how many birds we keep hatching. He also got cash from his Frost Grandparent’s-he was pretty pumped. For dinner we had fish tacos (some of the fish we had was one’s that Clayton caught), but I forgot to get a picture.

051

I made him Monster cake as he requested. It is layers of chocolate & white cake (dyed green) with a pistachio filling & all frosted with ganache frosting. I like the way it looks before it is covered in chocolate-it looks like a massive hamburger.

040045056

This is the second year in a row that he has wanted Monster cake, except this time we made a fish on top out of powdered sugar. Clayton is really into fishing right now.

076 078

Holy cow this boy is handsome! This picture makes me laugh because his shirt is on inside out & backwards-haha.

081

We also had our neighbor Jacob over for birthday cake & ice cream. 083

We had so much cake that we took some to 3 of our neighbors & still had some leftovers!

085 087

Happy 9th Birthday Clayton!!! I can’t believe that our firstborn is nine-crazy! I love this kid & he has grown so much this year-not only height wise, but in maturity. He had a very successful year. Some of the highlights during his eighth year were: getting baptized, earning 2nd place overall in the school’s spelling bee (he even competed against 8th graders), hatching & selling birds, completing 1 year of scouts, and competing on swim team for the 1st time & placing in both of his events in the championships (2nd in backstroke & 6th in freestyle). I had such a fun time watching Clayton this year in all of his achievements. He is a wonderful big brother & such a helper to Laun & I. We love you buddy!

3 comments:

Krause Crew said...

I can't believe you have a 9 year old. Weird! That cake looks delish.

Lucia said...

Love the CAKE!! And I love that your parents come and visit and hang out with the kids!! WHat fun grandparents.

NewBini said...

Awesome cake!!