This was Clayton’s first summer to do swim team. At the end of the season they have 1 day of regional's & whoever makes it in the top goes onto Championships.
Day 1: Regional's
Clayton’s cheer team:
You are there early in the morning until lunch time, so it is a long stretch of time. Porter & Marlee found ways to stay occupied.
Here is Porter getting ready to catch a bug. I love how one of his legs if off the ground-nice balance.
attack…
and success…
Clayton had a sweet swimmers haircut (even though he didn’t think so). Here’s the coach touching his hair before a race-possibly for good luck?
Clayton swam in 2 events-1st was backstroke:
He got a time of 33.95 seconds in that heat, which qualified him for championships & in case you can’t tell from that smile (which he is trying hard to hide), he was pretty darn happy about it.
I love how he sticks his tongue out to the side, it reminds me of his Grandma Lucy.
After the races they post the following-it let’s you know what your child’s times are & if they are going on to the championships.
Another way these two kept themselves busy was by doing unique stretches & the splits. That funky pose Porter is doing (not the splits) reminds me of me when I was little, I used to do that same thing.
2nd swim of the day for Clayton was freestyle.
I love this photo- his mouth is open big for that breathe of air. All these people are from the different city of Tucson swim teams, that are competing (or cheering on the swimmers) today. ![]()
Clayton got a time of 24.82 seconds in that heat & that qualified him for championships.
It was an exciting day & we will be back tomorrow for championships.
Day 2: Championships
Clayton liked hanging out & playing card games with his teammates.
His 1st event was backstroke & it was fun to watch. Laun video taped it & it was funny to hear how excited he got & near the end I think he was video taping the sky:)
It was so hot out & that water looked so refreshing-wish I could have jumped in.
When Clayton finishes a race he asks the timer for his time-that way he can keep track of his personal record. This race was so exciting because Clayton had a time of 29.85 seconds (4 seconds faster than yesterday) & he won 2nd place, which means he medaled!!!
The kids attempted cooling off by eating some eeggee’s slushy.
Then was his final race of the season-the freestyle.
He got a time of 25.54 seconds which landed him 6th place & a ribbon!
What an amazing swim season-2nd in backstroke & 6th in freestyle! We are so proud of him & what a great swimmer he has become. When he tried out for swim team he struggled to make it across the 25 foot lane, but now he just jams! Practice & hard work sure do pay off-way to go Clayton!
This picture of Clayton with 2 fingers up is showing that he placed 2nd & the other one is at the teams eeggee’s party with his coaches. We are grateful for all the time that these coaches put in to help these kids become great swimmers!
After the team celebration I took Clayton out for Cold stone ice cream. I had told him awhile back that if he got into the Championships I would take him. And Laun told him that if he placed in the top 3, he would buy him eggs off of eBay to hatch. Clayton was pretty happy that he earned both rewards.
I’m already excited for next season & then I should have two swimmers to cheer on-Clayton & Porter.
*On a side note-the boys finished the library's summer reading program which was like 30 something hours of reading! They got their rewards today, but they were most excited about the Water Breakers (water park in Tucson) pass. I am one proud mamma today.
No comments:
Post a Comment