Thursday, July 21, 2011

a day of celebration

Today was such a wonderful day. I finished my 3rd semester for the year & kept all A’s. When I finished my math exam this morning I shed some tears of joy & said a prayer of thanks. I have worked so hard & struggled at times, but I did it. I did it with the help of Heavenly Father, my parents, & my amazing husband. Laun was so good about being home Thursday night with our kiddos while I attended class, helping around the house & with the cooking while I did school work (especially this last semester since it was summer time & the boys were home), and giving me the encouragement & support I needed to work towards reaching my goal. I am so thankful for such a wonderful husband & appreciate all that he does for me & our children. Today was a day of celebration & gratitude. I am so happy that school is over (for now) and that I get a month & a half off until it starts again. I love that BYU Idaho offers this wonderful online program & that I can work on earning my degree while being a homemaker.

To celebrate we went to Caruso’s for Italian food. The food was good, but not amazing-I’ve had better Italian food before. I don’t think it would have mattered what food I ate for lunch today, I was floating on air.

082

Marlee loves her Daddy…

078085

We all happened to get creamy-seafood dishes…

086 087

088 090

We topped lunch off with dessert…

091 097

I love my Laun:

094

Tonight was the last night of class-it was bittersweet. I have grown so close to the Cook’s (the missionary couple who helps with the BYU Idaho Pathway program) & I will miss them a ton. They feel like family to me & I have learned so much from them.

099

classmates: Laura, me & Larene

100

If today was this good, I can’t even imagine how happy I will be when I earn my associates & bachelors.

4 comments:

Sheila and Mario said...

Congrats Cat on a job well done! It can't be easy to balance all you have going on, but we are here to cheer you on! Just keep on keepin' on!

Tippetts said...

Congratulations!

Cherise said...

I know the Cooks! I took their family pictures! Such a cute family too! Congrats~!

elizabeth said...

congrats! it always feels great to finish a semester. so funny! brady and i couldn't believe it when we saw a picture of you and the cooks. cathy is brady's dad's cousin. small world