Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July

We’ve spent a lot of fourth of July weekends in Show Low. This year was unusual because there was no fireworks- due to fire danger. At least we saw fireworks from our car window as we drove through Globe, on our way to Show Low. We attended the parade and ate yummy food at the Larsen's.

171 179

Jennette & Raegan^…………………………………………………Marlee with Anna

181

One of the few times I saw the kids stand still, usually they were running for candy.

183187

My favorite float this year (not sure if it is technically called a float) was this cement truck that had the names of the Show Low Families from 1912, when the population was only 200. The names were on the turning part, so as it rotated you could read all of the families last names. I thought it was really cool that Frost and Hall were right by each other.

193

There’s always lots of horses in the parade.

188

Marlee enjoyed all the candy that was thrown out during the parade and would eat it immediately.

208211

She quickly learned to wave her arms when she saw candy being thrown.

214

Daddy’s girl

229

The kids loved the otter pops.

240

Marlee so excited about her popsicle.

241

Karlee & Mutt (Laun’s cousin) were rockin’ out on their float.

223

More Hall cousins on the LDS float…

238

This purple smoke came out in circle shapes…and I liked what this banner said:

250 253

holy cow-I have my father’s squinty eyes

254

Larsen family- love Anna’s bubble gum grin

258

We had dinner at the Larsen’s home tonight. Laun grilled steak & there was tons of side dishes. I love this pasta salad that Kami makes. And Jennette & Lucy had lots of yummy dishes, too.

259271

Most the kiddos ate outside…

261

I love the many great conversations that have been had around this table…

264

the homemade root beer was a hit

268 263

The kids entertained themselves for a long time on the swing set.

275

Clayton on the swing…

278

Porter tends to get pushed around by Marlee-haha…

276291

and apparently so does Kalli.

274

love Anna-Bannana

295

I’m so thankful for the 4th of July & for the freedoms we enjoy in this country.

No comments: